Only Write Long Posts!
People need variety! When I started creating more blogging tips I thought I had to write just long post all the time but I realized that that can get boring real quick for me! Others may say that people don't have time to read long post. I have to disagree with that too. Long post provide more value than a shorter post and it gets people coming back for more. I've had people bookmark my page to come back and reread it over and over again!
- Write long and short posts! Mix it up!
- Create a call to action and get people talking back to you!
- Format longer post so that it's easier to read (images, bullet points, lists, headings, subheadings, etc.)
New bloggers don't need an email list!Just because you are a new blogger doesn't mean you can't start an email list. Email list helps people keep coming back for more. You can't only rely on social media promotion to get people to read your content and keep coming back. You need to build a connection. Email list is known as the real MVP's. They want to hear what you have to say. Giving an email away is really personal for someone so giving it to you is a real honor!
- Provide an incentive for people to sign up (freebie, giveaway, updates, new deals, etc.)
- Use mailchimp or other email platforms to provide your readers with a way to sign up.
- Create an irresistible opt in and show case it on your blog through popups, navigation bar, sidebar, blog content, on your social media, etc.
- Then keep them engaged via email with blog posts, more freebies, deals, tips, advice etc.
Blogging is an Easy Way to Make Money!I'll be the first to say that's it's not easy whatsoever! However it's not entirely impossible! It takes a lot to start making money on your blog other than just writing a blog post.
- Get sponsorships by reaching out to companies or sign up for sponsored program
- Create your own products such as ebooks, ecourses, physical and digital products ets.
- Become part of affiliates programs
- Promote your products, show your affiliate links, and get your name out there.
SEO is so Important!Of course we need SEO(Search Engine Optimization) however people put way to much emphasis on it. I had to learn that myself. Keywords and links are not the only way for search engines to pick up on you. That's because of google's algorithm, like so many freaking online platforms, changes often. So it's hard to keep up with all the latest changes and what's best for SEO.
- Write content for your audience not for search engines.
- Show your personality, be informational, and thought provoking. Make people want to read!
- Pay attention to SEO but don't make it your primary focus.
- Provide sharing buttons to encourage readers to share on their social media.
Remember keep SEO in mind but don't overly saturate your readers with keywords and links. Work on your meta data description (search description in blogger) and add a alt text to all your images and add a couple of keywords where it makes sense but don't over board.
Words is all you need for a blog post!WRONG!!! Of course your words count but people are visual and if there are no images or formatting people will quickly leave out of pure boredom.
- Format your blog post with subheadings, spaces, paragraphs, different fonts, bold, italics, color, etcs.
- Use photos and graphics to illustrate certain ideas in your post.
- Even videos can help illustrate a point!
People are visual beings and they remember more things when images are included! Click here to get monthly stock photos for your blog and social media!
What are some blogging mistakes you've learned while blogging?