Fear-Busting Tips

-
When I was younger I used to have panic attacks. Panic attacks are repeated attacks of intense fear that something bad will happen. The first time I had a panic attack, I literally believed I was going to die. I could barely breathe, my hands were shaking uncontrollably, and  my heart was beating so fast I thought it was going to jump out of me. At the time I had no idea what a panic attack was. I ask my mom to take me to the hospital because I was so afraid. After that day I constantly had attacks through out the day and night. I could not sleep in my own room. I couldn't take being in a car for a long period of time. My life was consumed with fear. I believed I was going to forever live in fear. Until I found a way out...
 
The Lies:
I will always be afraid
The Truth:
God promises to keep his kids safe


Tip 1
Choose a verse about safety from the bible. Write it down and put it somewhere you will always see it. Memorize it and say it to yourself when you feel afraid
Tip 2
Find a peaceful place to sit and be quite with God. Talk to him about everything that is on your heart. Tell him about your fears. Tell him about the ways you've been let down. Tell him how much you want him to help you. Tell him about the verse you found about being safe, and pray his words back to him. Then sit quietly  and let him comfort you and fill you with new strength
Tip 3
Go about your day confidently. You can trust God to see to the needs  you've asked him for. And when things get really scary again, thank him for being your protector.


God has said, "I will never fail you. I will never abandon you" Hebrews 13:5

Today I am panic attack free! I allowed God to consume me with peace and safety. Anytime I feel like I'm getting afraid I call on my Heavenly Father. I believe with my whole heart that he will give me peace. Now I'm not saying this will happen in a day or even a month but Peace will come to those who seek God. It took me a long time to get over my fear but I did get over it! It's an amazing feeling to sleep in my own room or be in a car and not feel like I'm going to die every second. I'm so thankful to have started my journey with God seeking peace and happiness and YOU CAN TOO!

The bible verse that has always helped me is Psalms 91. I would read this over and over again until I believed it. And I still do! So whenever you are faced with fear remember God is there for you. He knows all the right things to say and it's right in the bible for you :)

No comments