Standards of Beauty

-

The Pressure to be Perfect

It's tough knowing what's real and what's not when magazine covers and music videos are photoshopped (yes, music videos), Instagram pics are photoshopped, and so many women are getting surgery. How are we to know what kind of beauty can be naturally achieved when everything around us is so deceiving?
-Cassey Ho

    You seen the magazines, television commercials, and photos all the time. Media's standards of Beauty is unrealistic. We judge the attractiveness of others based on the skin tone, hair type, body type. The list goes on and on. We cant escape the so-called standards of beauty in this world! People in real life do not look like those women and men in the magazine. Heck, those men and women don't even look like that in real life! With all the Photoshopping, filters, and cropping now days you can look like anyone! That scares me! Have we become so obsessed with beauty and the idea of the perfect man or woman that we've forgotten what true beauty really is?

I wanted to revisit this post because I found an amazing video that broadcast what this post is really saying! Cassey Ho from Blogilates posted a picture of  her to her facebook fan page a couple of weeks ago.
Look through these comments its disturbing to read :(
Now when I seen this I was shocked she looked deformed honestly, I rolled my eyes thinking "I could never look like that" nor did I want to. I was able to see that I didn't need this to be perfect unfortunately others seen them as "goals" and still not even good enough!  But little did we know she had a plan for this picture. A couple of hours later I seen a video she posted and it showed what this picture was actually saying! I was so touched and had to share it with you all...
If you could change anything about you, would you?
If you said "yes" its time to reevaluate the love you have for yourself. 

   When I was younger I wanted to look like everyone but myself. I tried all the fad diets, all the beauty products I could find. I even found myself tearing up because I felt I wasn't beautiful or pretty enough. I didn't like my skin tone because I felt I was supposed to be lighter. I didn't like my hair because it wasn't straight and bouncy enough. I didn't like my body because it wasn't skinny enough. Have you ever felt like that? Nothing in today's society tells you, you are enough! Its so sad that because of the worlds perception of beauty, we go around thinking that who God made us to be was not perfect. But as I aged I learned to accept who I am. Trust me it took me a long time and still I'm facing this very issue. But I've learned through reading the bible that God made me perfect. He made me in the image of him...and well isn't God pretty perfect? So I think to myself If God made me perfect in his image then who is the media to tell me that I'm not good enough!

God has designed each and everyone of us different. We are unique individuals!

   You have a beauty all your own! Isn't that amazing to know that God created you with different characteristics that makes you perfectly unique! God created and designed you in a way that DELIGHTS HIM! I don't know about you but I would rather have God's realistic Standards of Beauty than the medias unrealistic Stands of Beauty any day!

 In the Comments below
Tell me how did this Video make you feel. What was your reaction, could you relate to this?


5 comments

  1. I agree. I think we are all beautiful in some way... and even if we are not, who says beauty is a measurement of your value or something you should even want to be?? There's so much more to aspire to be than 'beautiful'. Thanks for this post. :)

    Tia
    Let Them Envy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, that video is shocking we really can make us look completely different and I agree that is scary . I don't know who invented the thigh gap thing but that looks terrible who needs a hole between the legs and why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, that video is shocking we really can make us look completely different and I agree that is scary . I don't know who invented the thigh gap thing but that looks terrible who needs a hole between the legs and why?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! This gone is going on my favorites this week, I watched that video last week and it left me speechless, it's also on my favorites from last week.
    I've been subscribed to the blogilates channel for a while now because she is such a positive person and a real role model.

    This is seriously one of the best blog posts I've read!

    ReplyDelete