The Comparison Game

-
Have you ever wanted to be someone else or wanted to look like someones else? We have all wondered this thought in some point during our lives. We look in the magazines and see so many beautiful models displaying their equally perfect bodies, their long flowing lustrous locks, and their perfectly flawless skin. Everywhere we look we are comparing ourselves to other women. When will the comparisons STOP!

 Lately I've noticed myself comparing and picking away at every little problem that I don't like about"If I do this diet I will have a flat stomach,""If I could get braces my teeth would be straighter,""If I only had "good" hair I would look better." I've always had a hard time loving who I was and still, quite a challenge. I want to be able to teach others about the importance of loving themselves but yet I have these low points sometimes that simply get in the way of the bigger picture. We all have our low points at times...don't we?
myself. From the coarseness of my hair, to the crookedness of my teeth, to the thickness of my body. I look at myself in the mirror trying to figure out what I can change.

There is only one YOU,
you cant compare yourself to someone
who is not completely identical to you!
Society tells us what is beautiful. There is a trend every year! Now it seems that big butts are the way to go! I see women doing tons of squats just to get the perfectly shaped buttocks that is sure to turn heads. Before it was all about  being skinny. Having a flat stomach and a thigh gap is what makes someone perfect apparently! When will our society make it a main priority in saying that beauty comes in all shapes and forms. That not everyone's hair is going to be straight and bouncy, that not everyone is going to have flawless skin, and that no one will have perfectly straight teeth. Society has made some strides...but not enough!

That is why it is important for people...real people like me, like you to go out and tell the world that, "You know what I'm not perfect, I'm not the prettiest, and I'm not the most skinniest or bootylicious girl in the world....I'm just me and I'm happy with just that!"

We are not supposed to be a duplicate copies of Beyonce, Kim K, Cameron Diaz, or whoever else you are comparing yourself too! We were created to be just the way we are (crooked teeth and all). God looked at you when he was done creating you, smiled, and said "This is my masterpiece, she is perfect."

THE WORD SPEAKS THE TRUTH!
Say this when you start to compare yourself to others:
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful,
 I know that full well."
Psalms 139:14





I'm Done Comparing Myself to others!
 In the comments below tell me one thing you love about yourself, something thats not physical!

2 comments

  1. This is such a thoughtful post. I really love what you have to say here. You are right, society never tells us to appreciate our own bodies. It dictates what is in 'style' at the time and we are supposed to go out of our way to achieve it. It is ridiculous and really needs to stop. In the meantime, we have to keep reminding ourselves about our own beauty. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I totally agree with you. We all are unique and shouldn't compare with others. You feel much happier when stop comparing.

    Jasmine x
    For a Real Woman
    So easy Spanish!

    ReplyDelete