Motivational Mondays: Our Oversexualised Generation

-
"Here's how Jesus put it: Let your light shine before men so they may see your good works. You are the light of the world. Don't add to the darkness, turn your light on. It has the greatest effect in dark places."

 This quote came on my feed as I scrolled down my Facebook last night after a long, deep, and thoughtful discussion about how our generation has changed the world.. This generation has become so sexualised, so perverted, so image polluted. I wondered how and why this generation had become so dark, so corrupted. I mean the biggest role model on this earth is Kim Kardashian...What does this say about our generation today! The VMA's was on yesterday and I noticed so many women wearing low cut dresses, slits up to their hooha (yes I said hooha), and I even seen half naked women with their goodies showing for the whole world to see....Amber Rose I see you! My heart began to ache. My heart was breaking! Our generation has become nothing more than an image involving over-sexualised body parts.

"We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. 
We have to step up as women and take lead"
Beyonce

 We as women say we strive for women power but then we see women like Nicki Minaj grinding on everything in sight and talking about an "anaconda!" How are we as women going to ever be respected if all we do is prove to men that we are nothing more than an object to be played with. Beyonce sings that we are flawless and that pretty hurts but yet she's strips down to next to nothing for a performance that makes women idolize not her and her ambitions but her body! I see women in music videos showing off their bodies. Men look to this and say yes I can have a woman like that, not for their mind but for their body. Overlooking that women have brains and not just beauty(yes men there are women with brains and beauty!)Women are more than their bodies and what they can do to with it. 

We are worth more ladies! Men, we are worth more!

Source
 I used to find myself looking in the mirror wishing I had a bigger butt or skinnier waist. I would pick out everything that society doesn't like about me and I find myself literally being disgusted at what I see in the mirror! Then out of nowhere a still silent voice hushes my thoughts and brings me back to reality. "Don't add to the darkness, turn your light on!" This still silent voice reminds me that I'm worth so much more than a big butt or a skinnier waist! My Voice is worth more and My Mind is worth more than what my body can give to someone else! 

 So I no longer pick out the "flaws" in my appearance, I no longer wish for things that does not define me. I forever strive to define myself by my voice and what I believe. I forever strive to define myself by the knowledge inside of me

 "As our legacy women, Do we really want to be known as the girls that can shake their rear-end or who can take the most selfies with their cleavage (and more) out. Do we want to be know as the women that men can just play with!"

I don't know about you but I'm going to let my light shine a lot brighter in this dark place.
This world truly needs it!


Source



5 comments

  1. I love this! Thank you for writing such a down to earth post, I couldn't agree with you more. It's scary to walk past a mirror in the 21st century, people need to love themselves, not compare. :-)
    strangemademe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I'm so glad you enjoyed reading it! Yes its so hard these days for many to love themselves because of how women are "supposed" to be perceived. I feel that if more people begin to speak up about it then the world will take notice...a work in progress :)

      Delete
  2. I love posts about girl power and true beauty! We need to rethink about how we see ourselves. Really hard especially with all the discouragement we receive from the people around us and what the media has been posting and imposing (Victoria's Secret's Perfect Body ad?), but we really should try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I do too! I agree with you 100% its a work in progress but I believe more and more people will start speaking up :)

      Delete
    2. I can see why this is the most popular post! It is one of the realest and most truthful post I have seen!

      Delete