Pantone Color of the Year 2015: Marsala Makeup Look!

-
Have you heard about the Pantone Color of the Year for 2015? Some of you may be asking what the heck is a Pantone and what is the color of the year!?! Ok Let me explain, see even a couple of years ago I didn't even know there was such a thing but it is! Every year they pick a certain color a revolutionary color, a color that can be used with anyone or anything! Its like a unisex color! Thanks to this Gorgeous Blogger from Curves and Lashes I became aware of the new Pantone of the Year...check her's out here!


"The impactful, full-bodied qualities of Marsala make for an elegant, grounded statement color when used on its own or as a strong accent to many other colors."

This year they just so happen to choose a color that would look great on all skin tones..Marsala! Now this color has a reddish brown hue to it...hmmm you could call it burgundy in my opinion but you know how people gotta make a fancy name for everything! Anywho I really like this color nonetheless. Its subtly seductive, according to Pantone, and it gives off a certain warmth and elegance. This color is great for makeup looks, fashion OOTD's(Outfits of the Days), and adds a pop of color in the home! So of course you know I had to hit the makeup drawer for the burgandy...I mean Marsala eye-shadows and lipsticks. Lets see if I can pull this Marsala look off shall we......



"Flattering against many skin tones, sultry and subtle Marsala is a great go-to color for beauty, providing enormous highlight for the cheek, and a captivating pop of color for nails, shadows lips and hair."

What I used!


I think I nailed it! What do you think?!?

Nail Color: WetnWild in Burgundy Frost

Now go out and rock that Pantone Color of the Year. Don't be afraid of this color its a subtle pop of neutral that will go great with many colors! And the next time someone says what color you are rocking on your eyelids or your nails you can be all fancy and say "Why I'm wearing the Pantone Color of the Year...Marsala!" **Two snaps for you**



Call of Action!
 Will you be rocking this color in your beauty, fashion, or house!
 If you do I would love to see it tag me on instagram @color_u_bold and #colorubold!!!

I may just feature you ;)

My Instagram here :)

19 comments

  1. this looks amazing!
    I love the last portrait photo, you look stunning!:)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much ahh if you only knew how long it took to get the perfect picture haha...girl problems lol! Thank you always for your kind words :)

      Delete
  2. OMG GIRL YASS just YASS! Thanks so much for mentioning me on your post. You're such a beauty and your makeup is Everything (and more) !! I'e always wanted to try BH Cosmetics however the shipping to the UK is crazyy! Marsala is a definite thumbs up for me too! xx

    May your NEW YEAR fill you with joy and prosperity

    Shanna | My Curves and Lashes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome!!! I wish more people could get their hands on BH Cosmetics hopefully they'll work on the whole shipping soon!!! Happy New Year to you too and I pray great things will come for you as well :)

      Delete
  3. AHH you are so gorgeous and you are rocking Marsala! Lol, I feel like it's just a darker shade of maroon but hey, we can call it Marsala too. Absolutely LOVE this color though. :D I've never heard of Pantone's color of the year, but I guess you learn something new everyday. (-: Definitely gonna be rocking this color this year!

    Lots of Love,
    Manpreet || Simply-M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you, you're beautiful yourself!!! Haha yep its all in the eye of the beholder! Yes I was confused about it at first too but I finally caught on to it! Great I would love to see any looks you do with this color!!! You can share to me on instagram ;)

      Delete
  4. I didn't see it as make up yet and it definitely suit you! I have quite a pale skin and all dark colours unfortunately makes me look dull and tired! I love colours so much! but yet again, marsala not my colour! :(

    Anna
    xx

    www.yayinteriors.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Yes this color can fit a lot of different skin tones! You have beautiful skin embrace it and just have fun with any color maybe try it on your nails for a subtle look! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  5. ps.love your blog following you now xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color! I see I'll have to go on a makeup binge pretty soon! lol Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Haha you should this color is really pretty you can tone it down or spice it up anyway you like!

      Delete
  7. You take such wonderful photos! I love this look on you. Thanks for chatting with me yesterday, it was a lot of fun =)

    Kindness is the best accessory,
    Rebecca - RebeccaKelsey.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much, I may take wayyy to many pics haha. Yesss I enjoyed chatting with you too, I love those little blogger chats so much fun!

      Delete
  8. Very nice! Great photos and LOVE the color!

    rebekahkoontzsite.com // US Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a very cool colour indeed. I've been working with the Pantone palette since the beginning of my working career, and every single shade and accent has its own name. Otherwise there would be about 30-50 shades you can call burgundy ;)
    The makeup looks very good in you. I should give a try too and see how it works with my skin tone.

    Lu | www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh yes so true, its so crazy how many colors are out their but its also very cool to see that colors and names are limitless!!! Hahaha you're so right not everything can look burgundy lol. You should you would look so beautiful with your skin tone, you can try it as a nail color for starters! I would love to see it if you do tag me on instagram :)

      Delete
  10. Oh wow, thanks for bringing this to my attention, believe it or not, I am completely clueless about it! I think you nailed it with the shade, the makeup and nails are stunning.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete