DIY it UP: Way's to Use Washi Tape!

-

Create a DIY Worthy of Pinterest


I finally figured out the obsession with washi tape, you know that thin decorative tape that's not duct tape but not regular clear tape, basically something new that everyone is raving about. Anywho...now I've been opened to a whole new  craft world of Pinterest! I was recently contacted by Prairie Charms a lovely website filled with girly goodness and crafty jewels and instantly fell in love with everything! So you know I had to share it with my girls...That's You! I wanted to do a DIY for a long time and have been putting it off for wayyy to long so when I saw washi tape I knew I finally would get my chance…time to get out the laptop and open up THE BIG P…Pinterest! I've pinned so many things but never create a single thing! You know you are guilty of this too ;)

Here are my Washi tape designs ideas for you to try for yourself! These are for the super lazy(ME) and no modge podge included!

Washi your Phone Case
I have an iPhone but u can seriously do this with any phone case!

The Big D...Directions
1.Gather your essentials: Washi Tape (check Prairie Charms out here), scissors, phone case, paper, pin or pencil
2.Trace it down: Trace Shape of your phone case on the paper
3.Cut it out: Cut the traced shape out 
4.Cut out the top part: Instead of cutting a hole for the camera just cut a straight line below it 
5.Design: You can do anything its all up to you! 

Go Diagonal, Go Straight, Go Stencil, Go Weird!
Bloom it out for spring!

I even washi'd my candle, HA!

Get your Star Spangle Banner on!

Peace it out...Perfect for Festival Season!

What I learned from This DIY 

Tip 1: Use thin card stock paper! When I first did this I used a poster board that I had laying round, too thick! My case was hanging off my phone, no Bueno!

Tip 2: If you want to cut the hole for the camera know the correct side! I Seriously got through my first Phone Case DIY, I had cut the hole, made my cute little design only to find out that it was on the opposite side from where the camera was, ugh worthy!

Tip 3: Make your own stencils! You don't have to have a stencil to create this super cute peace sign on your phone case! I used an earring that I had laying around, so budget friendly!

Practice makes perfect and lots of patience...LOTS of it!

Other Washi Tape Designs

I have a lot more washi tape left over so I decided to amp up some of my chargers and earphones to really make it all come together! I mean you can't have a cute phone case without the matching earphone and charger set, right?! 


I hope you all liked this DIY! I forgot how much fun it was designing new things and DIY'n it up! Ahhh brings back good memories! So if you would like to see more of these make sure to let me know in the comments below and what you would like to see! 

Go Check out Prairie Charm and tell'em Color U Bold sent ya! I'll have more upcoming post with them and I cant wait to show you more of my creative side! 

Get Prairie Charm Connected!

In the Comments below
Have you ever did a Washi Tape DIY, if so what kind?
Would you recreate this with your fave washi tapes?

11 comments

  1. I absolutely loved your post! this is my first time visiting at your blog and I must say I love it! On my last visit to Japan I bought SO MANY washi tapes which i didn't know what to do with, till now :) you gave me inspiration for other things I can do with it- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayy I'm so glad you like it! OMG I bet Japan has a ton of super cute ones! I'm glad I was able to help you figure out what to do with them I would love to see what you come up with!!!

      Delete
  2. Washi tape is everywhere and it's so cute but I never think of what I can use it for! I love the idea of using it to decorate your phone! I have the samsung galaxy active which has basically 0 cute cases, so this is a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they are, I've always wanted to get some but never new what to do with them...now my life is completely changed haha!!! Yes make you some cute ones I cant stand having a basic case lol! I would love to see what you do :)

      Delete
  3. So creative! I would never have thought to decorate my iPhone case. I actually have a couple of rolls of washi tape but have never used it, because I couldn't think what to use it for! Love this post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I didnt know either but this just saved me tons of money and they are interchangeable win win haha! You should totally try it out and tell me how you like it ;)

      Delete
  4. It's so dainty! Pretty things I'm surely getting for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes I love it too especially the flower one it's my favorite one I've been using it everyday! Perfect for the spring :)

      Delete
  5. Ooh these are great and so pretty, what a lovely idea :-) Hope you're well hun xhugsx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I LOVE LOVE LOVE WASHI TAPE!!!! That floral one is AMAZEEEE

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Jasmine this is such a great Idea! I love the flower one and I'm soon trying this out! Ps: so nice to come back to your blog! Hugs

    http://lauest.com

    ReplyDelete