Freshin Up Your Wardrobe for Spring

-

Trend Alert: The Midi Skirt


We've been in spring for quite some time so now we've finally gotten used to the bipolar weather I hope! Today I wanted to share with you a look that I absolutely love for spring...the phenomenal midi skirt! You may be saying "uh oh a midi skirt that's too frumpy or that's too old ladyish!" I say to heck with those stereotypes, Midi skirts are back with a vengeance and it brought along some major flare with it! 


Festivals are in Season
I wanted to let you in on a secret (come close) There was a Cherry Blossom Festival going on at Washington D.C April 11-12! So while California was embracing Coachella's warm bohemian desert, Washington D.C was embracing the sleek sophistication of the gorgeous Cherry Blossoms surrounding the area! So you know I couldn't take a trip up there without having a perfect photo op!


I love the modesty of midi skirts! I have always loved the style of women back in the 1940's and 1950's. They were conservative  by nature grace and elegance was quite prominent!


Pairing a Midi Skirt
I paired this look with a green blouse that mimicked the greens in the skirt and tied it up for a more relaxed look!


For the shoes I went with a nude pump! Now this heel is the correct nude for me because of my skin tone. Women my color should opt for a more deep nude if you want to elongate your legs and make them look extra long. Women of light skins tones are lucky to find a whole range of bright nude pumps and I must say I was extra lucky in finding this at such a great price from Target here!


Never Fear the Midi Skirt

So whether you want to go sophisticated with a midi skirt wearing a blouse or break the seams with a cute crop top that shows your midriff(keep it classy ladies) I feel this skirt is perfect for any one. Whether you are a skinny or thick in the hips you can rock this look! If you are tall or petite this will not overwhelm your figure at all. Even in my  4'11 frame and a little thickness here and there It still doesnt overwhelm my body, I got so many compliments and I felt like a 1950's lady! You can get a similar skirt from here ;)

Budget Friendly Savings
With this trend no need to break the bank! I like to shop on international wholesale websites. You can get clothes for as low as $5! You can find similar styles of the midi skirts from some of my favorite stores like Jollychic, DressLink, and most fave amongst fashion bloggers SheInside!

In the Comments Below
Would you wear a midi skirt? If so how would you pair it?

14 comments

  1. This skirt if so cute, i must buy!

    Dana || Fashion Dew

    http://fashion-dew.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/starting-out-20042015.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this look, such a pretty skirt and what a gorgeous necklace too! Where is that from? Yes I would definitely give this look a try I think it's very flattering :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously love the midi skirt I just think is such a sophisticated length for a skirt. I didn't know about the cherry blossom festival in the USA! Ps: thanks for sharing the wholesale shops links! HUGS

    http://lauest.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this ensemble! Especially the skirt. That's really pretty and you can pair it with different colored tops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love midi skirts! I feel like if people know how to style it they would not fear it so much. So kudos to you for giving your readers good tips! I would not mind styling my polka dot midi with a striped top. I think it would interesting to mix prints.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love midi skirts. I've seen a few when I've been online shopping and I keep meaning to buy one. They're so handy for people like me who don't like getting a lot of leg out!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great ladylike look! Your heels are absolutely perfect

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
  8. That floral skirt is EVERYTHING. You look stunning! Xo

    Jillian
    www.cupofcharisma.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so gloriously beautiful, classy and elegant. It's such a fun outfit too! I never think to dress like this, but when I do it really suits my figure, so I think I should more! :) Maybe this will be my inspiration! :) Thank you!
    Jemma xx
    www.dorkface.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look soooooo gorgeous XO. Thank you for sharing with #linkupwithlisa
    @ http://www.beauty101bylisa.com/2015/04/linkupwithlisa-13-cold-shoulder-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the skirt. I am also a fan of sheinside. :-)
    Iris
    http://lamoumous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore midi skirts. I love the one you've got which is so perfect for spring.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous skirt. I would love you to pop by my blog and add this post to my fashion blogger link up. I think my readers would really like your style!

    http://sydneyfashionhunter.com/2016/03/fringed-bag-three-ways/

    ReplyDelete