Bronze Glow for Dark Skin Girls + Bonus Video!!!!!

-

The summer time is all about creating that dewy finish without actually sweating...because ewwww, right?! So lately I've been really in love with the bronze look it makes me look glowy without caking on a lot of makeup! 



Dark skin and bronze is literally perfection! Let your skin shine through. Don't be afraid to highlight your skin with shades of shimmery golds, warm up your skin with dark shades of browns, let your skin be the focal point when someone looks at you.  Being dark skin is not a crime. I know it seems like we get the wrap for being loud and mean. The portrayal of dark skin women in the media is often very limited. Often times people will judge based on just what you look like. We are seen as the inferior race in the terms of attraction and chosen last in terms of society but I want to let you know, yeah you with your beautiful skin....YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!



Embrace who you are...we cant change it and we shouldn't have to! Don't let someone tell you who you are based on your skin color. You are one of a kind, original, made out of the best clay God created you with! Let your personality shine through, show kindness, and believe in your dreams. Just like any other color from pale to the darkest of dark...YOU ARE SPECIAL!


Behind the Scenes
My very 1st Video!!!!
And now I wanted to share with you all my very first video!!! It's a private video just for you! I wanted you all to be the first to see this beautiful chocolate skin of mine in live mode haha! This video was very spontaneous I just woke up one day and said I'm gonna do it...I'm gonna make a video! I always made excuses, my hair wasn't straight enough, I had imperfections that I didn't want people to see but I decided to put away all of that and show my bare face and hair as wild and free as it could be! So I'm gonna stop rambling and let you see. 

Heres the Link if you cant view it here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMy9Xa0DWbQ


What I used:
Foundation mixed with Illuminating Cream:
Concealer #1:
Concealeer #2: 
Brown eyeliner:
Bronzer/Eyeshadows I used: 
Highlighter:
Contour kit: 

Lipstick
Nyx Butter Lipgloss in Pops #BLS17
Lipgloss
Jordana in Amorose#54

In the Comments Below! Let me know what you think. I'm still trying to figure out the whole editing stuff but overall I actually had fun trying to figure everything out. Of course like anyone I picked out everything I didn't like haha but I'm excited to share with you all a new journey that I'll be embarking on....stay tuned! Fingers crossed I get better at editing! 



14 comments

  1. Such a pretty look doll. I must try city of color products now.
    xoxo dazzlemxo xo
    dazzlemxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you definitely should! I love there palette! Thank you ;)

      Delete
  2. You're right - the gold shimmer with your skin is really perfection! Loving your look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, it's been WAY too long since I've visited your blog! First off, love the new design...even though I'm not sure how "new" it is...lol. Secondly, the way you write is SO incredibly inspiring. Everytime I read one of your posts, whether it's about makeup or your ootd, it makes me want to wake up every morning with a different, more positive outlook on the world. :D And thirdly, L-O-V-E this video and I'm so, so, so proud of you! I remember you talking about how you wanted to start a YouTube channel and start making videos way back when during one of the US Blogger chats, and now you've done it and I couldn't be more happy for you! I'm super impressed and excited to see what else you have in store. I love that, even though you didn't say a word in the video, your personality was just shining through. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

    LOTS of Love,
    Manpreet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww I'm so glad you love the new look!!! I'm so thankful that my posts can help inspire you, it brings pure joy to my heart!!! Yes every since I made that video I've wanting to do more become more creative, I'm too excited now lol! You are seriously the best person ever, I'm so glad we met on US Blogger chat!!!!

      Delete
  4. I'm doing my best friend's makeup for prom next week and she has darker skin. You have given me a lot of ideas so thanks for sharing this post!

    Starrzbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww she's going to look so beautiful!!!! I'm so glad I could help give you some ideas!!!

      Delete
  5. I think your video looks great!! i had fun watching it, and i can tell you had a great time doing it too!
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyy I'm so glad you liked it! I definitely did I almost forgot the camera was on haha!!!

      Delete
  6. You are right there is a negative portrayal of dark skin females on television. Ladies like Omarosa and Nene Leakes get more attention and press than Viola Davis, Cicely Tyson, Tika Sumpter, and even the new hollywood darling Lupita Nyong. The reason for it is because of their behavior matches the stereotype of black women especially darker women. I really think it is time to reverse this negative attention by putting positive images out and embracing all shades as beautiful.
    By the way you did a wonderful job on your makeup! I always like the natural look! I also love your hair what did you use on it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right!!! Its high time things start to change and it starts with how we as dark skin women view ourselves. There needs to be more women trying to put a better portrayal on all forms of media as well as out in their community in order for this stereotype to removed permanently. We all are beautiful and needs to be shown that everywhere we go. Thank you so much I'm loving the natural looks too. For my hair I usually use 100% shea butter on it mixed with olive oil, jojoba oil, and vitamin E oil. My hair is super thick and not curly whats so ever and this does wonders for me :)

      Delete
  7. I loved your video Baby girl! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you so so much!!! You all inspire me to keep going :)

      Delete