Body Shamers: Crop Tops for Everyone!

-
How can you preach health and not preach the important part...self esteem! 


What's going on this week ladies?! From #dontjudgeme challenges to Oprah's magazine saying you can only wear crop tops only if you have a flat stomach...like whaaaaa?! When I first read that article I was flabbergasted! How did this article even reach print? Who in the world said it? What was they on when they said and what about the editor...what was they on!? There are so many unanswered questions!!! No one in their right mind would be so low as to say that crop tops are meant for only skinny flat ab women...well especially for a well known magazine. I don't know about you but I've seen a ton of people of all sizes rocking a crop top and look flawlessly fierce in them. 

Rock what you want and rock it with confidence!

Clothes are meant to show someone's style, personality, and creativity. Even when I was bigger I never let a trend stop me from rocking it! I styled what others thought only looked good on skinny girls. I never let beauty or fashion standards set a standard for me. So I dug through my archives of fashion pics and today I'm sharing with you some pics where I style my first ever crop tops! I'm far from a flat stomach and you know what I DONT CARE! I used to be afraid to show my stomach but I've learned No one can tell you what you can and can not wear...not even O magazine.

“Stop telling women what they CAN’T wear. We can wear and do and be ANYTHING that makes us feel strong, powerful, passionate and in charge of our own destinies.” 
Tamar Anitai

Experiment with Styling a Crop Top
I like to rock different styles whether its clothes to hair do's...Do what you want and never let anyone stop you!


Rock Those Crop Tops Ladies!!!

Omg She is Crop Top Goals!
Her style is amazing. Never be afraid to push the boundaries!
Times I wore a crop top = 9
 Times I had a flat stomach = 0 
+boardroom blonde 


“I hope young women and women of any age don’t feel like they’re restricted by editorially imposed fashion ‘rules.’ The only rules are there are no rules. Wear what you love, what makes you feel confident, and own it.”
Tamar Anitai


In The Comments Below
Whether skinny or curvier, how did that article make you feel?
How do you style crop tops?

11 comments

  1. You look great! I am curvy and I don't have crop tops because I don't have high waisted bottoms to wear them, but I've been wanting for a while to buy one in a basic color, maybe to wear with a skirt :)

    http://jumbleskine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! You should try it! Definitely pairing it with a skirt will look great and so easy to do since we all have skirts hanging in our closets!!! I really want to get more maybe in floral I'm so inspired by the movement haha!

      Delete
  2. Right on! It's outrageous that this ever made it to print. I hope the editors (as well as those at other magazines) are taking note of all the backlash from this!
    It's time for people to stop policing the bodies of women and to start celebrating wearing awesome things instead!
    Brianna || http://extraordinarydaysblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that's right! You said it perfectly! We all have different body types I would be quite bored if we all were just the same size...That's what makes people so awesome!

      Delete
  3. LOVE this post! I too was really shocked that this was able to go to print. It's winter here but this summer I do want to try the crop top and I don't have a flat tummy so thank you for giving me the confidence to do so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Rock that crop top, you're gonna look fabulous!!! Ooooh you should try turtle neck crop tops or long sleeve crop tops for the winter! Those are so cute I'm gonna be rocking some myself when winter rolls back around!

      Delete
  4. I agree that they made a terrible decision to publish such fashion advice. I seen a lot of plus size and women who do not have a six pack wear crop tops. Women of various body types can wear crop tops especially if they style it with high waisted pants, shorts, or skirts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes right on! I love the high waisted look right now and I think that looks great on everyone and pairing it with a crop top just does wonders for anybodies body! I think its so flattering for everyone when paired right!

      Delete
  5. Dead on. Curves should be celebrated. And yes women need to wear what makes them feel good and should not be dictated to. Great post. http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it definitely should and not just on curvy girls with no stomach like Kim Kardashian lol. Everyone is beautiful and anybody can rock what they love that's whats fashion is all about :)

      Delete
  6. Your post is really good providing good information.

    Crop are one of the most demanded clothing items these days. Now Get more fashionable and shop more with Crazybeta as we are offering you unmatched discounted prices and make you look glorious than you ever can.

    https://www.crazybeta.com/women/collections/crop-tops

    ReplyDelete