My Desk Tour and Desk Organization Ideas: Bonus Video!!!!

-

Everything you need for the Perfect Work Space!

I've finally gotten around to making a new video and its a desk tour! Check it out and then check out my tips for a happy work-space! 
You can also see it on YouTube here!

Since school is right around the corner whether its high school or college, even though some of you don't want to admit, you got to get ORGANIZED! When I was in school I used to love to get everything organized and prepared but I never had my very own desk...but now I got one all my own! Even now I love getting in my room and around the house  and just organizing everything...its almost therapeutic!


My desk is filled with all my personality all in one! 
From Classy and sophisticated to bright and colorful!


Since I'm a blogger I like to keep things around that inspires me to write such as my magazines, of course I got my seventeen magazines stacked high!

I got my cute mug that I told you about here. Now its become a decorative touch for my desk.


I also have this stencil that i got from Hobby Lobby. That I put on my desk instead of my walls for that added flair I love!

Having flowers on my desk makes me so happy!!! I like to change them up with the season and these are for spring and summer! 
Sound Off: What colors should I do for Fall and Winter?



I like to keep a book on my desk for ideas and inspiration for blog post! LC is my fave book at the moment and I'm getting more ideas for fashion post so stay tuned!


How cute is my mini piggy bank! I have another one in my room that's bigger and I just love them! I'm reliving my childhood guys so give me a moment haha!

Taking you into my desk I have a ton of notebooks but that's because I love to write!





I also like to keep personal items that I may need when I don't feel like getting up like hair ties, chap-stick(I have a slight obsession for chap-sticks) and items for my hand because my hands get super dry! I also have this perfume I got from my ipsy bag a while ago that I like to put on when I want to smell extra good! I also love the fact that it has my name on it! ;)

 In my other tray I like to keep item that are more for writing and getting creative like my washi tape that you've seen here, my glue and tape. Of course I have to have my computer essentials like my SD cards and USB plugins. I also keep my phone speaker for my phone in there when I want to blast some music!
 
(I got this speaker from Dollar General for 8 bucks!)

So now that I showed you my desk tour here are some essentials to keep your work space in happy harmony and keep you sane!
The 5 Desk Essentials You Absolutely Need!
When it comes to my Desk Essentials its pretty clear. You don't need anything fancy to create a work space that's right for you!  I got most of my items from the drugstore, Dollar General to be exact, because I didn't want to spend a fortune plus I love a good challenge!
SOUND OFF:How do you think I did?

1. Notebooks
If you love to write or its for school, there is nothing wrong with stocking up on some cute ones!

2.Basic Office/School Supplies
*Pens and Pencils
*Markers and Highlighters
*Labels
*Paper Clips
*Tape
*Scissors


3. Planner
Everyone needs a planner or calender! That way you'll always be up to date on everything.

4. Plenty of Storage
*Boxes
*Trays
Boxes are great for storing bigger items. So if you dont have a ton of storage for your desk boxes will be your best friend! I use trays so that I can see everything and can just pull it out in a quickness! 

5. Inspirational Books or Magazines
Books and Magazines are great for the person who needs inspiration when they write or even while you study. Need a break from studying just get one of these to past the time away...but get back to work after a few minutes ;)

3 Tips for a Happy Desk
Happy Desk...Happy You!

Get Rid of the Clutter
 On top I love to keep it simple and not too cluttered! With your work space you need to have room to move. Pick a place for everything and keep it there.

Let Your Personality Shine Through.
Personalize your desk with your personality. When you have quotes that inspire you to keep working that makes all the difference when you are feeling stressed about that big test coming up!

Plan Ahead!
Keeping a Planner near by will help you stay up to date on any deadlines that may be creeping up on you!

I hope you enjoyed this tour into my room! I wanted to make a video that showcased everything on my desk and inside my desk pictures can't do it just how much I love my desk! I'm so proud of my desk and how I organized it and I hope that I gave you some inspiration and tips for your very own desk! 

In the Comments Below
Tell me what is your absolute favorite thing to have on your desk?




9 comments

  1. Wow I absolutely love your desk, it's so bright and cheery! Great post x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! So bright, cheerful and PINK! My desk needs a massive clean up. You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pink!!! I'm so glad I could give you some inspiration!!!

      Delete
  3. OMG it is soo beautiful and organized , i have a black desk and it has stuff all over :(
    x,Abril

    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! lol Ooooh there so many great inspirations for black desk on pinterest you should check it out :)

      Delete
  4. I love desks and office supplies, so I had to check out your blog when I saw you had a desk tour on instagram :)

    My favorite thing to have on my desk is my little "inspiration corner" where I have a pen mug with a quote I change every month or so and a frame with a little art project I put in to go with the holidays/seasons. Since I change it often it always offers a fresh dose of inspiration.

    Courtney
    courtneylthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love desks and office supplies, so I had to check out your blog when I saw you had a desk tour on instagram :)

    My favorite thing to have on my desk is my little "inspiration corner" where I have a pen mug with a quote I change every month or so and a frame with a little art project I put in to go with the holidays/seasons. Since I change it often it always offers a fresh dose of inspiration.

    Courtney
    courtneylthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyy I'm so glad you stopped by! I love a good inspiration corner you have some great inspiration yourself I definitely need more quotable mugs on my desk to switch out! Such great ideas! :)

      Delete