#YOULOOKDISGUSTING

-
How did this title make you feel?
Did it make you feel ugly?
Did it make you feel less than worthy?
Imagine hearing this on a daily basis from social media.

One challenge many face today, is that as a society, we're so used to seeing false images of perfection, and comparing ourselves to unrealistic beauty standards that It can be hard to remember the most important thing - You ARE beautiful. 
Em Ford

That's exactly how Em Ford from My Pale Skin felt when she started posting images of her without make up 3 months ago. Comments about her skin flooded her comment sections from all across her social medias. Some was good but others was very troubling...disheartening to say the least. "I CAN'T even look at her" the words GROSS, UGLY, HORRIBLE, and REVOLTING clouded her mind.

She covered her imperfections up with make up to change peoples perspectives of her. She got amazing feed back "You look AMAZING,'" You're so BEAUTIFUL'' "I love your MAKEUP" "You look PERFECT."


Have you ever covered up who you were to please others?

Even then she couldn't escape the words that haunted her. "You wear to much makeup" "This is amazing but so gross." "This is false advertisement" and "This is misleading,"  they would say. "Imagine Waking up to her every morning." The hate comments kept coming...

When is enough...ENOUGH!

She removed her makeup also revealing  comments about how they felt ugly or how they have acne. "It makes me cry" one said. "I get bullied because of my skin" another said. "I wanted to kill myself," "People make fun of me." "Make up makes me feel good." " Makeup is my savior."

Have you ever been bullied because of your skin?

While seeing some of these heartbreaking statements I also noticed words of encouragement. "I'm loving to love myself. My Confidence is growing. I'm finally accepting myself. I am more than my skin."

The Way we look does not define us.
I am not my skin.

You are beautiful - no matter how flawed you feel, no matter how upset you may be about the way you look or how hard you find it to make friends, or be confident. Believe in yourself, and never let anyone tell you're not beautiful - not even yourself. -Em Ford

I felt INSPIRED  to share with you her video because I know we have all felt this. Not feeling good enough, feeling as though you are not pretty enough. I have talked about this on a number of occasions (CLICK HERE). I shared with you how I was feeling. For the first time in a long time I have started to love who I am...makeup or not...I'M STILL BEAUTIFUL. Believe it or not YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL TOO! 

Let not what others say about you define who you are.

 Remember you are enough just the way you are. You were created for a purpose much greater than how you look. Just because there are  men and women in this world, according to today's standards, that are looked at as  the IDEAL PERFECT IMAGE does not not mean you come short of your own beauty. No one and I mean no one is perfect. We all have flaws, as we like to call it,  and no filter, no make can ever cover those up. WE are all beautiful. When you was made you were made beautiful and nothing and no one can ever EVER change that!

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL

Check out the Video that has made a great impact on so many lives already. 
Share her video and let the world be inspired!

Lets break the internet in a more positive way #YOULOOKDISGUSTING on twitter and on all social media telling her @mypaleskinblog and others about how her video inspired you!

In the Comments Below
Tell me how did this video make you feel? 
Have you ever felt insecure because of social media?



1 comment

  1. I loved this video! I've been following her on youtube for a bit now, always awed by the beautiful way she covers acne. She does such a great job. She is beautiful with/without makeup. I've seen people comment on this very video saying she should see a dermatologist. I can only imagine that Em has seen plenty of dermatologists. Sometimes acne is something that will not go away... sometimes it goes away with medicines for some people, sometimes it just won't. Why can't people understand that? I have family members who are still suffering from adult acne. I used to have severe body acne and would be bullied because of it. It's the worst feeling, to feel like who you are as a human is something that makes other people cringe. I wish people would get over it and just love one another, despite appearances. I love that Em had the courage to put this out there. It's created quite a buzz online, so I hope it starts the discussion of loving the skin you're in and loving one another.
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete