5 Blog Myths Busted!

-
myth busters
There are tons of  blog tips and rules out there but sometimes it can get  seriously overwhelming! I've been working hard on my blog (have you noticed) and theres tons of ways to do that but it seems like with so many tips out there its like we practically should know everything before we even start blogging! I love that there are articles out for new bloggers but what about us oldies who have been blogging for 3 or more years where do we fit in...how do we stand out? 





So I decided I'm done trying to fit ever standard for a blog so I'm debunking right now 5 blog myths that we really dont have to go by! You ready to start debunking some rules...Let's do this!

5 Blog Myths To get Rid of Right Now

Myth 1: It's all about the numbers
Ok we all should know from my last blogging post about gaining traffic to your blog that it's not all about the numbers! Its more about the quality of engagement that is most important. So what if you get only 5 views you did get 1 comment and thats amazing. So what if no one commented on your blog post your friends said that totally digged your last post! Someone is looking even if its just your family members! Plus more companies will be more open to working with smaller bloggers when they see tons of engagement across your social media and blog!
Myth 2: Killer Headliners are a Must
OK while this can be true for some articles such as this...be honest you totally popped over here to see what this post was spewing right, but you don't always have to have an amazing headline to get someone looking. Beauty Reviews are good for doing this take for instance a headline saying "Essie Nail Polish Review." You may think "Oh this couldn't possibly get views" but on the contrary they're are tons of nail polish lovers out there looking for their next Essie purchase. Never under estimate your headline. If the headline is something you would totally search for yourself then make it your headline.

Myth 3: Stick to Just One Topic
I have to laugh at this, I mean, do you not see my blog! I write about beauty, fashion, traveling, inspiration. It doesnt matter if its something I love I'm writing about it! So if you have a lot of ideas you don't always have to make another blog for it. It's called your blog for a reason! Someone is gonna be interested in one of the topics or all of the topics you decide to choose. And if you get more views on one topic than the other that doesn't mean you have to stick to just that one. Enjoy your blog as much as others enjoy it to!

Myth 4: Never Steal Content
Yes even this myth can be debunked! We get into writer blocks all the time and then another blogger's posts, a magazine article, or an IG'er breaks your creative block. I'm not saying you copy them word for word, picture to picture...noooo don't do that thats just plagerism people! I'm saying take certain ideas and incorporate them into your creative juices. I love taking inspiration from magazines but I like to make it my own by adding my own flare, colors that fit my personal taste, obviously lots of color, and my own voice!

Myth 5: Blog about your topic never about yourself
Many bloggers may feel that blogging about your feelings or what you are going through in your life good or bad is something left in a diary! From the very beginning 3 years ago I wanted to make my blog personal and my journey through all aspects of my life. So that involves telling you that I had quit nursing school, how I was feeling about the way I looked, and my depression. I seriously have no filter! Someone out there is going through the same or similar thing why not share your story and help someone else out! In turn you are helping yourself out because you never know maybe someone can help you in what you are dealing with. Why keep all of it bottled inside only for it to explode and you wind up quitting your blog or taking a long "hiatus" from it!

So there you have it all the myths you have been hearing on other articles debunked from yours truly...Your welcome!

In the comments below
How did this post help you, did it debunk some myths for you?

Check out Blog Myths Busted part 2 for more myths!!!

29 comments

  1. Great post! I've been working on Myth 3 myself. I know I can talk about a variety of topics but I felt sticking to my niche was best. Now I'm letting myself explore and I'm seeing how my blog is evolving into a place I really love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes let yourself explore its really fun trying out different topics. I've started doing more healthy post and I've started to really love doing it and on top of that it helps me eat healthier, bonus!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I like this a lot. I also struggle with number three. My blog is called Mrs Med School, but I write about sewing, cooking, family, photography. I guess it's just my life, but this was comforting. You should let me know if you this my blog is waaay to broad. Eek.Anyway I love what you've got going on here. http://www.mrsmedschool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so natural to think we cant do more than one topic on a blog but if we let ourselves explore we can find what it is that we truly love and thats the beauty of blogging! I was looking at your blog and I actually really love it and the concept! It's showing everything that you love to do while having your husband in medschool, thats a great segway to exploring different topics that you love! Keep up the great work!!!

      Delete
  3. Great tips. I do think it's okay to be inspired by other bloggers, but it's important to leave link love to share where your inspiration from your post came from!

    xo, Chelsie @ Life with Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes most definitely!! Whenever there is a blogger or link that was really inspiring I have to share! Always share the blogging love lol :)

      Delete
  4. I love all of these tips! I feel like I have fell for a few of these myths in the first months of blogging so far. I completely agree that we need to take ideas from each other. Writers block happens more often than not. Great tips! I will be saving this post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely was the same way but then I started just doing whatever I wanted and that's what makes it more fun! Writers block is evil inside a pencil haha so its always great to get inspiration from others without copying them completely! Thank you keep coming back for more blogging tips and lots of other topics too ;)

      Delete
  5. These are all great tips! I will definitely try to incorporate some of these into my own blog. www.littlemissfangirly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes most definitely try them out, thanks for reading!!!

      Delete
  6. Wow! Really great tips. Sharing on my Blogging Resources pinboard :)

    www.beachtownblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank youuuu!!! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  7. Really blogging is all about being ourselves, and that's what readers want. They have enough perfect magazines, they want real people who break rules, but stay ethical. Thank you for writing such a great post!

    Natalia | Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes exactly!!! I love that blogging have become a great passion for many and seeing real people showing their personality is a great thing! Thank youu for reading!

      Delete
  8. 1 & 2!! Especially 2 though. There is always someone talking about ways to change your blog titles and what you have to use to get views and I've had some of my biggest posts off some of the most ridiculous titles. Ha. Headlines are definitely important but it's all about content.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have seen those articles many of times but then I see a simple headline that gets so much more attention lol! So break those rules and do what youu want!!

      Delete
  9. Great article. I have fallen for all of them and slowly learning that there are no hard and fast rules. Write what you enjoy and pple will follow you.
    I'm at http://polkadotsandcurry.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I totally agree I have fallen for all of them too but its all about doing and writing what you love people will definitely follow :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  10. Great tips, especially number 5. I like the personal aspects when reading reminds us we're reading articles by 'real' people.
    My blog follows various aspects of my life and that's how I like it.
    Ladytans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes those are my fave type of post! Sometimes what they are going through I can totally relate which makes me love their blog even more!

      Delete
  11. I definitely now know number two is a myth. I know some of the simplest blog headlines I have came up with have the most views! Like the How to post or Wardrobe Staples posts, those seem to get the most views. Not because of a catchy phrase I came up with but because they are what people are looking for or want to know more about. So I am sticking with the simple headlines because it works for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was one of those people that went straight to those post too haha! Yes its all about what people want to see at the moment and it doesnt need a catchy title to get their attention! Yess Keep up the great work :)

      Delete
  12. Great post. Thank you for sharing. I've only been blogging for 3 months and was worried that I hadn't got enough followers across my social media or that I shouldn't get personal, but you made me realise that the first comment I git on my blog a few days ago was good.
    rosieloveslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Post! I completely agree with every point you made! I think that if you enjoy writing that's the main thing and there will always be people out there who will be interested in what you have to say no matter how many different things you write about.

    Best Wishes,
    The Hat Hippie xx

    www.thehathippie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post! There are definitely a few things that you mentioned that I thought were true! Especially the blogging niche, it seems like a few years ago Niche blogs were important, but now it's kind of whatever you feel like which I appreciate more because it can be so boring to only read about one thing!

    Lindsey Elyse | lindseyginge

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love love love your blog I can totally relate to all your posts I'm so happy I found your blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. yes ooo...the part about sticking to one topic and not writing about yourself. Why stick with just beauty, when I've got other things going?

    ReplyDelete
  17. yes ooo...the part about sticking to one topic and not writing about yourself. Why stick with just beauty, when I've got other things going?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post! And it's helpful having those ideas debunked. It's sometimes very disheartening seeing your own low following numbers, but I've learnt that the audience grows and engages if you keep posting and are true to yourself.
    Love your writing and that the blog is you :-)

    Maya | londondamsel.co.uk

    ReplyDelete