How to Wear Plaid Skirts for Fall And Winter!

-

When I seen clueless all I wanted was plaid skirts! 
Now that Plaid is going to become a staple in everyone's closet I'm here to give you some awesome ideas about how to incorporate this trend into your wardrobe in the most unconventional way! In the 90's it was all about grudge! Yes we all have the plaid shirt and there are tons of pinterest ideas for how to wear a plaid shirt but there is so much more you can do with this 90's style! So I thought it would be cool to take that grudge and glam it up just a bit! Today will be all about long midi skirts + plaid! Basically 2 trends in 0ne! Both trends together is an amazing outfit look to carry you into the cold days of fall and winter! 
Thrift Shop Treasures
Last weekend I was doing some thrift shopping as I always do an came across this piece! At first it can look intimidating such a big skirt for a little frame but as soon as I got it home I new there would be plenty of options to choose from. Never be afraid of a retro styles like wool plaid skirt it can become a major staple in your closet with the right clothes and accessories! I love taking pieces that my mom used to wear and channel them into the present! Plus you can find these in basically every thrift shop or goodwill I found tons but decided on this one piece but I feel like I may go back and get that blue one muhahahaha!

How to Wear a Plaid Midi Skirt

1.Go Marykate and Ashley Olsen on the Skirt! 
What I mean by this is find over sized items to give it a high fashion effortless look! I scored this poncho at Old Navy for just $10 during there sale!!! It can look intimading at first but pair it with kitten heels for that classic style of glam.


2.Turtlenecks and White Button Downs!!!
These are all staple pieces that anyone has in there closet so break out the classics and pair them with your favorite heel or boot! Accessories with clean minimalist jewelry for an effortless look!


3.Get some Edge!
Leather Jackets and combat boots gives this look a more grudge look! I absolutely love this look! I felt so rock star-ish well back in the 90's rock star-ish lol! A great wait to take this look up a notch is get a white statement tee or DIY it! I got these boots for $15 at burlingtion Coat factory and this jacket yeah you guessed goodwill!  




Experiement Ladies its Fall!
I dare you all to try experiementing with your wardrobe. You can start in a goodwill and then work your way into online shopping finding cool pieces. I always start at a thriftshop and since the past is coming back with a vengeance why not play it up! 

Never underestimate the power of the Thrift Shop! Stay tuned tomorrow for how I style plaid Shorts!!!
In the Comments Below:
Would you wear a plaid skirt this fall?


1 comment