Why Blogging Shouldn't be a Competition!

-

Who are You Competing With?

I think if you compare yourself with others you won't fully feel satisfied with what you write
We get it, there are tons of new bloggers out there, there are tons of older bloggers too so its hard to differentiate ourselves from the crowd. So what we wind up doing is trying to compete with one another to see who can be the best in there niche and their genre. We forget about what it used to be about...friendships, a bond that we could not get in the outside world. We forget about the connection that we share whether its the love for writing, the passion, even the interaction with one another. It seems now days we only care about getting that traffic, getting that follower, that subscriber, that like, that share, that comment. What happened to just loving what we do...just the way it is.


We need to stop feeling insecure when others get opportunities. Jealousy is a big struggle and I understand we all get it but if 90% of the time you are looking through a bloggers page just being jealous of their hard work that's when you need to log off and get it together. You know what you need to get together...YOURSELF! Learn to find value in yourself. Learn to believe in your abilities, your strength. Remember we all have weakness but we also have many strengths that outweigh those faults.
Remember why you made your blog! For me I made it because I needed a place of my own, a place that made me feel connected with someone outside of my little town. I wanted to have a place to write what I loved and help inspire others. For a minute I got away from that! I wanted the followers, I wanted the traffic but you know what that means nothing when you don't have a connection with other bloggers, your readers, the people that share your work, the people that like your stuff, the people that follow you. They follow you for a reason show them that you care. Show them you appreciate every single one of them and honestly that doesn't require giveaways every week or every month. Show your personality on and off the blog...Let them become your friend!
So back to the Competition...STOP COMPETING! We are all wanting the same thing maybe some more than others. Maybe some just wants a place to share what they love, some may want to inspire others, and some may want to earn that top dollar...btw nothings wrong with that. Remember we have a special place on this internet, we created it, we built, we need to preserve it! The more we compete the more we will damage the blogosphere. So build each other up, don't tear each other down. Challenge each other to do better in healthier ways such as this post! We have plenty of post about getting more followers, getting more traffic but not enough trying to build our characters up. Building up our self esteem when it comes to blogging.  Jealousy has no place in blogging ok maybe just a little but it should only be to inspire, to encourage...NOT BREAK US DOWN! We all have the ability to inspire and even if its just one person a day, week, month, or even a year I think we done our job! So get back to the REAL SIDE OF BLOGGING ;)
I can do all things through christ who strengthens me 
Philippians 4:13

Blog Post that Help Inspire you as a Blogger:
I suggest bookmarking or pinning these post for future reference for when you are feeling down and you need a pick me up :)

In the Comments 
Do you find yourself feeling like you have to compete? How do you try to avoid it?


3 comments

  1. Great post and definitely inspiration with everything you are saying. I see myself in this post as far as why I started and it helps me pull back to the beginning. Always make sure its easy to get back on track cause of you lose your way you may be gone forever never miss your purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this post! I let it getaway from me for quite some time. I wanted to be like everybody else! But then realised, how on earth could I be anybody but me! I had to re think myself, and figure out why I started blogging in the first place!
    Thanks a million!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Spot on with the whole context and ideas.. keep it up!xx

    ReplyDelete