5 Traditions to Start This Thanksgiving!

-

Fun Ways to Spice up Thanksgiving Traditions

Holidays are so much more fun with Traditions! Today I wanted to share with you some awesome and simple ways to start a new tradition in your home and even if you are alone on thanksgiving you can make these your very own traditions!



1.Express Gratitude
One of the easiest things to do for Thanksgiving! It's easy just to say that you are thankful for such and such around the dining table but you can make it even funner with gratitude jars where you write on a piece of paper what you are thankful for in the jar. Each year you add another paper and when ever you are feeling down or in need of encouragement just check the jar!

Check out the Pinterest Finds
Gratitude Jar Free Card Printables
Family Gratitude Jar
Blessing Jars
Gratitude Tree
Gratitude Board

2.Go to a Movie or Have a Netflix Marathon
This is one tradition me and my family always do! We get a good movie and we eat our desserts in the family room! If you want to get out of the house go check out some premier movies for a family friendly outing! All by yourself...get that Netflix rolling!

Check out these Movies! 
The Night Before
The Hunger Games Mocking Jay Part 2
The Peanuts Movie
The Good Dinosaur
Jem and the Holograms

3.Decorate For Christmas
Another tradition that my family does is get together and put up the trees! Its a great way to bond together and enjoy each other's company plus it want even feel like its a chore when its a holiday ;)

4.Take a Post Meal Walk 
Yes...Get Your Exercise on without even realizing it! Its so easy to just lay it down and take a grand nap especially if you are the one preparing and cooking your butt off but this is a great way for family to get out of the house and re-energize!

5.Play Games
UNO anyone!!! I love playing games during the holidays or any day my whole family gets together! So get out those dusty board games and have extreme laughter with the fam!

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
-Philippians 4:6-7


In the Comments Below
What kind of traditions do you have for Thanksgiving?

Check out my last Post ;)
3 Outfits Ideas Perfect for Thanksgiving

12 comments

  1. Everyone's looking forward. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! I like the TV Marathon idea. I was just telling my co-worker that I could sit home and watch TV all day, rest and be at peace. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! We always put up the tree and decorations Thanksgiving weekend. I also love the idea of playing games!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such great ideas! The most important part of the holidays is spending time with family & each tradition here focuses on that. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas. We usually gather at my mom and dad's and watch a movie and laugh a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love Thanksgiving and I think it's wonderful to have Thanksgiving traditions. Ours are to express gratitude, give out thank you notes to neighbors, watch the Macy's Day parade, share our meal with someone in need, and decorate for Christmas. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't have Thanksgiving in Australia, but I'd love to experience it in America one time! I'm all for Netflix marathons and the Gratitude Jar is a lovely idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great ideas!! We aren't celebrating Thanksgiving in Canada (we already did) - but American Thanksgiving seems like its really cool!!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow ...great ideas! I really like # 1 and # 4 is funny. I think I will stick to that grand nap thing..LOL! A walk sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Thanksgiving girly! Wonderful ideas. We don't really have a particular tradition we follow as a family, but we love to get together and enjoy good food, each others company, relax, watch a good movie, listen to our favorite music and take walks on the beach (since cold weather hasn't hit SW Florida yet). I definitely like the idea of gratitude jars. I want to start ASAP. But, what I'm also thinking of doing is write on the piece of paper every time positive life event happens to me in 2016 and put it in the jar. At the end of the year I can take those notes out and read it.

    Alina | www.lifelovebeautyparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. A post meal walk sounds really great ♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete