How To Start Your Very First Successful Blog

-

Tips and Tricks on Being a Successful Blogger

So you want to start a blog? You think you have what it takes? Of course you do...You're Awesome, Why the Heck Not!  I started basically blind in 2012, well not literally but figuratively. I had no idea what I was doing but I started and that is what matters most. I don't regret how I started but it would have been nice to have articles such as this to steer me in the right direction. I'll be doing a 4 part series on Thursdays of this Month giving you 3 to 5 tips and tricks to Start Your Blog and Maintain your Blog!



If you want to learn how to create your website/blog, build your brand, find your tone, and find your audience then stick with me!



3 Questions to Ask Before You Even Think About Creating a Blog

how to start a blog

1.What do I want my blog to be about?

What is your mission for your blog? Do you want to do fashion, beauty, or both. Maybe you want to have a book blog or just a blogging tips blog. Is it a hobby or do you want to make money from it? It's all up to you. Some say you should have one topic on a blog...I say that's bologna! I love to do a variety of post it keeps things interesting for me. As a blogger you want to love what you are writing. It shouldn't just be about money or followers....REMEMBER THAT! Have a vision.
  • What's Your Passion?
  • Are You an Expert in something?
  • Is this topic something you can right about all the time and not get bored?

2.What do I want to name my blog?


Now that you have a clear vision it's time to figure out what your blog name should be. Pick a name that goes with your vision for your blog. When I started my blog It took me a long time before I ended up with Color U Bold. I wanted it to be perfect because I knew that I wanted this little piece of the internet to be perfect and all mine. Which leads me to saying when you figure out your blog name go straight ahead and look it up on GoDaddy.com and make sure it's availablity. If it is available I recommend buying. You don't want someone taking your blog name! 

  • Is your blog name simple enough for others to say?
  • Does it give a clear understanding of what your blog is about?
  • Will you like this blog name forever?
  • Do someone else have your blog name?

3.What Blog Platform should I use? 


There are tons of blog platforms where you can create a free blog out there most commonly Blogger and Wordpress. I recommend picking one of these as these are used most often and are considered the best blog sites to join. Your audience will most likely go to one of these 2 sites. Blogger is very simple to use especially if you are a beginner like I was to blogging. Honestly back then I never even heard of Wordpress! I don't regret it but I do wish I had the option to decide. 

  • Do I want an easy set up?
  • Will I want to transition my blog into a website later?
  • Have I researched enough on both platforms?


Now onto some freebies!

I've create a lot of printables, checklist, photos, and workbooks to help you stand out as a blogger including the  15 tips for an awesome blog post! HIT THAT BUTTON and you not only get the toolkit to download but tons of new goodies coming in every time I upload something new! What are you waiting for...


What are you struggling with as a blogger? Leave it in the comments below!

3 comments

  1. So excited to read this series!! Thanks for all the continued blogging tips!!

    imperfectlyrachel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound very much like me to me. Hehe. I started out totally clueless back in 2012 with Blogger. :D xx

    jasminecatchesbutterflies.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such amazing advice! I'm just starting out and I'm trying to get off on the right foot. I saw one of your posts retweeted on twitter, and it led me here. I'm so happy I found this. Thanks you for sharing, you're an inspiration!

    purelypositivitea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete