How I Got 10,000 Pageviews in One Month

-

I Tripled my Traffic!!!

As I stated in my February Goals post, I'm gonna be sharing with you my very first blog traffic report! I always find it interesting to check on post like these by other bloggers. Of course, I try to stay away from blogger's traffic reports that are at 100,000 or up because then I get into the comparison game. However I notice we have more of the higher traffic reports posted then we do lower blog traffic reports...am I the only one that thinks this? Us smaller bloggers need not feel ashamed to share with others! So I wanted to share my page views and help encourage someone else today! I thought it would take a whole year to get to that! I want to show you how far you can come even if you are at 1000 pageviews, heck, even if you are at 100 pageviews! You can get to 10,000 pageviews!


How to Get Traffic to your blog




December Traffic:



I wanted to share with you how I got from 2,000-3,000 pageviews from last year to literally over 10,000 page views this January! Thats one month of big change! I know that may not mean a lot of bigger bloggers now with 100,000 plus page views, but I'm sure they will attest that this is a dramatic increase. It wasn't a viral post that made it happen...IT WAS HARD WORK!

My Goal for January was to get to 5,000...I Doubled That!


January Traffic:


Blog Traffic

I blogged almost everyday. While leaving 2-3 days where I missed a post it didn't hurt me that much like it normally would. I used to get maybe 50-70 pageviews in a day and if I missed a day it would decrease dramatically to about 20-30 page views. Once I started to blog every day those page views went up from 50-70 to 300 and 400 pageviews! Sometimes if the post is really popular like 6 Ways Successful Bloggers Are getting you Addicted to their Blog or 9 Tips to Look like a Professional Blogger, my page views would increase to 500 and even 700!

I Scheduled Post on Social Media. With the help of the free Buffer scheduler and Hootsuite I was able to have a blog post go out every 30 minutes to an hour on twitter. You may think this is a lot but it actually HELPED me increase my following on twitter! I went from 1,000 followers to 1400 followers! People would tweet out my post and comment on twitter with how much of a help it was to them. I would reply back and then I got a new follower and even a new friend...something that I believe is powerful and that's networking!

I engaged More with Bloggers .Twitter is my main source of traffic as you can tell so I wanted to make my followers feel appreciated by constantly commenting and favoriting post and tweets! It helped people to see that I was someone to come to for advice and friendship. I also started to engage more on the #usbloggerchat that I manage instead of letting the co-host come on and do it alone I helped get the momentum up by tweeting out to other bloggers to come join and chat with us! I've been able to double our blog chat engagement in January... Another SCORE!

I believe anyone can get to 10,000 page views in a month if and only if you put in real hard work! Don't expect a blog post to become viral! Only expect that what you put out is helpful to the reader. Expect that your blog post and your blog is good enough to get the traffic you deserve. I never would have thought I would surpass 5,000 page views(my january goal) but I know its possible and for this month I'm letting God Take the wheel and see where it leads me ;)

If you want to finally break the 10,000 pageview mark then you need my Free Bloggers Toolkit! This toolkit included printables, workbooks, checklist, and pretty stock photos!

Click On Image or Click Here


35 comments

  1. I don't normally pay much attention to pageviews, because they only show a very short term success. I look a lot more into the monthly sessions and unique users which actually give me a better idea of how many people have come to visit my blog and how many pages they've roughly checked.
    Also, pageviews might appear like a bigger number, but when you blog daily, you don't give much exposure to each blog post. It only gets seen for a day or two and after that it gets way underneath.
    I don't know. This is how I look at my blogging numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing effort Jasmine, congrats on achieving 10,000 pageviews, you really deserve it! I can see all the hard work you're putting in and I'm so happy it's paying off for you! :)

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! and thank you for sharing how you got there. It's really helpful and reassuring to us bloggers! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the blog traffic!! Helpful post too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is excellent work! Thanks you for posting your analytics. It is great to see the pageviews have dramatically increased from all of you hard work! But too, that Bounce rate tho.... I think people would kill for a bounce rate like that! They stay on your site longer and visit more pages. You have tapped into what people want! Keep doing your thing, Jasmine! Also......Your graphics are on point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I was also impressed with those bounce rates. I'm just coming to the end of my first month, planning to spend a few hours crunching numbers this week.

      Delete
  6. I have been blogging for years and very rarely hit 10,000 in a month! I love the idea of interacting more with other bloggers- it does make a difference, doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Jasmine on exceeding your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a very helpful post Jasmine!
    I did not know about buffer and I am giving it a try right now. I will try to drop by your chat, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog post! What a great push to
    Keep me going. It's not so much the page views for me but more so that I'm delivering great content that make people want to read. Keep going girl :) x

    www.lauralivinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! These are great tips on how you got there! I only blog twice a week so I don't know if I would ever be able to double my page views but I can see where scheduling your social media would draw more people to your blog and I'll have to try that!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! I also noticed a huge raise when I blogged around three times per week ;)


    I’m glad I found out your blog via twitter!
    Eneli
    https://www.dodolce.com
    & https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/do-dolce-10043597

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for sharing, it really motivates me to engage more in Twitter, and honestly to blog more. I've been slacking and I need to pick up the pace.
    Love your blog btw :)

    Kyle from http://kylemarcus.xyz/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that mug in your picture! Where'd you get it?

    And congrats on the page view increase!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on the page views!! Thanks for sharing your tips xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Post! Thank you so much for those valuable tips! I'm super impress with these numbers. I will definitely try your tips.

    Aurelie | http://www.surface85.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woah, congratulations!
    I'm currently at 1000 pageviews if I work really hard. Sadly college is taking up almost all of my blogging time, but I have a week of vacation coming up. I'll try to use your tips then and see what happens :)

    x Envy
    Lost in Translation

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good for you! That is a lot of posts! I do like your advice about Twitter, I never thought about doing a blast that often. But I am starting to realize that Twitter can be used a little more often, unlike Instagram, where if you kept posting about the same thing, people would get annoyed.
    Sarah
    www.sugarmaplenotes.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post! And I will try to promote more via Twitter.
    -Melissa
    Www.melissamchee.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulation.. thanks for sharing.. To get unlimited traffic from social networks visit here, I will get unlimited traffic to website by promoting in social networks.. https://www.fiverr.com/s2/7c994c7e0f

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on the increase in page views ! Informative posts are always good

    ReplyDelete
  21. encouraging to hear:) I'm looking into blogging as of right now and it's great to hear from someone who's still growing:)) keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations! Well deserved, I love your blog! I'm currently hitting around 100-150 views per day with lows of 40-50 and I'm really proud of that! I deffinatly want to do maybe 1 week of blogging everyday in like a series when I get some time off work, it's just not possible right now been a full time working mum if I want any sleep!

    Katie
    www.blushingbubbles.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad to hear you exceeded your goals! Great tips!

    Xoxo
    Christina
    Www.styletothet.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad to hear you exceeded your goals! Great tips!

    Xoxo
    Christina
    Www.styletothet.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations! I been blogging for years too but I like to have some space between post, I take my time promoting a post and then I go and post another one! I love the idea of getting a lot of traffic but that can be temporary! I would like to know if someone has tips on how to get readers to actually FOLLOW your blog?

    Thanks
    MaryGlow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great post this was so helpful thank you

    ReplyDelete
  27. this was really helpful! I am a new blogger xx I really hope I become like you soon

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you so much for all these posts about how to make your blog better. I wrote all of the tips down in a book and It will be my little handbook full of tips and tricks!

    Thanks again and keep up the great work!

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  29. lol i went from twitter also end i'm french! nice job!! keep blogging :) (my english is too bas) kiss xd

    ReplyDelete
  30. you woul tell me if my blog write in english (with translate on the blog) ^^

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for sharing! Some useful bits in here and I have to agree, increasing traffic is always about hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you for this, my page views are suffering a lot lately, and I am working hard to fix it.

    ReplyDelete