Affordable Props for Blog Photos Under $5 and How to Use Them!

-
This past weekend I broke down (ahem got broke) searching the stores for cute photo props to share with you all! These photo props are all under $5! I went to my all time favorite stores Target(of course) and Hobby Lobby(A Creative's Dream Store)!

You all know by now photography is a big freaking deal in the blogging world! It can be pretty overwhelming and you may feel you have to go buy the most expensive things just to get the look that you want....NO STOP RIGHT THERE! Before I even started buying props I would seriously get things I already had at my home whether it was bed sheets, blankets, pieces of scraps, my ma's things(shhhh don't tell her, oh crap she reads this...sorry!) and even clothes. I used props in all forms! Over the years I've gotten more creative and now that I have some money to use I'm still cheap!

So, I wanted to share with you my haul and some ideas you can take the next time you go to the store!

My Photo Prop Haul!

These are items that a lot of bloggers and photographers use for flat lays! You normally see them in stock photos that you normally have to pay to get! I've learned that if you really want to learn photography, you have to get your pockets a  little empty.





Poster Boards
I love bright colors so I bought as many as I can! I bought some that were neon, some pastels, and some ombre! 


Confetti
If you love a good confetti fest then you'll love these! I got these from Hobby Lobby for as little as 1.99 and you can also find these at Michael's.



Office Supplies
These are necessities for a blogger...well according to the blogosphere! I got the usual gold paper clips but then I seen how cute these smiley face paper clips were and how dainty these clothes pin paper clips were!  All under 3.99! I can never resists cute kid like things ha!
Now I have plenty of journals but I wanted more and I wanted smaller notepads and memo pads! I got these from Target! What I love about Target is that they have a section at the front of the store for $1-3 office supplies and more!

Pens
I love these pens that I got! The 3 colored pens were from a christmas gift that I received. This gold piece of beauty is from Hobby Lobby! I'm absolutely in love with it! When I seen it I knew I needed it!

Succulents
I've been wanting these for a while and not just for photo props! These little plants are so cute and the good then is they aren't real so I don't have to keep buying them...because let's be honest I don't have a green thumb at all!

Letting Your eyes rest from all the colors...your welcome haha! 
Coffee Mugs, bottles, straws
No blogger is complete without the quintessential coffee mugs, bottles and straws...ok maybe that's just me! I found so many cute bottles and coffee mugs from Target that I had to stop, but I'll be back! I've been wanting a quoted mug for some time and this one from Hobby Lobby...ahhhh loves it! What I love about Hobby Lobby is that a lot of these mugs and coffee cups are on sale at 50% off! I got this cute patterned mug for only $3 down from $7!





Miscellaneous 
I just had to share some cute odds and ends that I picked up too, perfect for pictures! I got these balloons from target...I didn't feel like blowing them up haha! These Headphones are looooove and only for $5(also in that section at the front of Target). I got these cute coasters that are now around my room as decoration at Hobby Lobby for less than 2 bucks! 


While I was going around looking at all these items I literally seen how I would recreate looks I've seen and design new set ups! Now I seen those Gold Scissors that I see in every flatlay for around 20-30 bucks at Target and let's just say I'm saving up for that! 
Or let's be honest I'll probably just spray paint a pair of scissors I already have ha!

If you do use it let me know I want to see how you use it! Just tag me on Twitter or Instagram!

Get some pretty stock photos and more when you sign up!


What Photo Props do you like to add to your photos!


Become a Member of the C.U.B Stock Membership to receive photo bundles of over 50 stock photos and done for you graphics!

17 comments

  1. Wow, these are super pretty and cool! I adore the colors - they scream 'happy sunshine'. I just signed up for the newsletter :) Love your tips on blogging, and I can't wait to get them in my inbox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these ideas! So far I haven't bought anything for props but I've been tempted. Some great ideas for stuff around the house (like my fake plants and cute notebooks) I can use in photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your haul! I need to get out and do some photo prop shopping! I'm curious - how do you choose to store your props?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, for some reason whenever I view you blog the layout dosnt adjust properly until after i've left a comment, is anyone else having this problem? really irritating as I cant read the blog post properly because of the social network bar on the left :/ :/ xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the way I too thought i needed super expensive things, Now I am savvy with it my props I aleady own or are cheap but just don't look it. Girls don't make yourself broke as a joke over a photo lol.x
    www.whatrosiewrote.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the way I too thought i needed super expensive things, Now I am savvy with it my props I aleady own or are cheap but just don't look it. Girls don't make yourself broke as a joke over a photo lol.x
    www.whatrosiewrote.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. girl those are some great prop tips! always looking for ways to spruse up a white backround (:


    Life in Pastel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a brilliant blog post thankyou. This really helps a lot. so many great yet simple idea's.
    Lisa XoX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a brilliant blog post thankyou. This really helps a lot. so many great yet simple idea's.
    Lisa XoX

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are really helpful! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of these props and how bright the colours are. I'm so bored with 'clean' monochrome images. Were on earth did you find fake succulent plants from, I've only ever seen real ones!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the inspiration, I really need to get into the blog props, it's something I'm not very good at at the moment but they really make a photo. Thanks! Becky at zerosugardiet.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this jasmine, great ideas
    www.mssparkleandglow.com

    ReplyDelete