What I Eat in A day and Desert Recipe!

-

Healthier Alternatives to your favorite Meals of the Day 

I've always love looking at videos about what people eat in a day! It helps me pick new food recipes and eat a little better! So in collaboration with the lovely Isaya from Remember Her we put together what we eat on a consistent basis well at least on the weekdays!

what i eat in a day

Breakfast
 My favorite meal of the day! Check out this post for becoming a breakfast person! Firstly I gotta have my coffee! I'll drink a cup of water before so I'm not a complete jittery mess! While I'm sipping on my coffee(coffee is life btw) I make some oatmeal most days. If I'm feeling really good I'll make some french toast or pancakes. I put honey instead of sugar in my oatmeal and it taste so good! I add a touch of cinnamon for added health benefits.

Benefits of Cinnamon
Get to shake'n the cinnamon!
Blood sugar regulation or lowers blood sugar
Has Anti-inflammatory Properties
Loaded with Antioxidants
Cut risk for heart disease


Healthy breakfast meals

Lunch
I like to keep it simple for lunch especially if I'm on the run! I love a fruit smoothie so I'll either make one or drink one of these Naked Smoothies. Have you heard of these? They are so good. I have one in veggies too. I never new a green smoothie would taste so good! I also like to make smoothie bowls!


Healthy Smoothies

Dinner
Ok I can't get rid of the fried foods, I know don't judge me, but I love chicken with some type of veggie. Use olive oil instead of other types of oils. Tonight it was all about the broccoli. I added cheese because...well I'm a cheese lover! I add a bit of garlic salt for added taste. It's so good!
Check out Maria Malea 12 Healthy Chicken Recipes for some delicious healthy options! 

Healthy Dinners

Desert
Ok I was a bit naughty and had  some peach cobbler left over. I haven't had it in so long! I ate it with french vanilla ice cream!  Check out my quick and easy recipe for the best peach cobbler of your life!

Peach Cobbler Recipe
Peach Cobbler Recipe
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 to 1 cup milk
1 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
3 tbsp. sugar (optional)

Melt butter in a casserole dish in 375 degrees oven while combining the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Add milk to the dry ingredients and stir until blended. Pour batter into the melted butter, drizzle the peach juice into the mixture and add peaches. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top. Bake 30-40 Minutes at 375 degree! 

Snacks
Strawberries and Blueberries are my favorite fruits to snack on! It's healthy and good all at the same time. I'll add yogurt if I did good for the day!

Healthy Snacks

I hope you all enjoyed what I eat in a day. I'm trying to get healthier but i'ts definitely a process haha! If you love fried food like chicken try to add healthy veggies to help balance it out.  Get your fruits and veggies in every single day and don't forget about adding cinnamon to your oatmeal! Indulge in your favorite dessert every now and again.  I just had to share with you this godsent peach cobbler!

I linked up with the Bloggy Brunch 

12 comments

  1. Your pictures are amazing! I'm kinda jealous! Thanks for joining me in this!

    XO Isaya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe. Looks yummy.
    -Natasha
    fashionablyfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that I have such a hard time with food but I try to take care of the basics. I try to use natural oils like coconut oil and olive oil. For flavoring I use vinegar, lemon pepper, lemon juice, lime juice, and veggies. I love fried chicken but I love stove top cooked chicken. I will use all the ingredients I said above and it makes it juicy and tasty without using too much extra. I would love so much to like smoothies but I can't deal with the textures. Really enjoyed this post and the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some very healthy meals. Thanks for the recipe!

    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I've got to try making the Peach Cobbler, looks so yummy! I need to snack on fruit more, it's such a great healthy option. :)

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that peach cobbler looks delicious! I love cinnamon too, there's something so yummy and comforting about it! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  7. your food looks so good. I've always find funny that here the biggest meal is the dinner. I actually eat my lunch like at 12 and then the big meal around 4 and the dinner is something very light like a salad.
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum!! I love oatmeal as well and adore adding cinnamon to things when I can!
    I wish I could afford berries more often, I usually have to get them frozen because it's cheaper and they don't go bad as quickly. Maybe this summer I can go to more local markets!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg I'm officially hungry lol Everything you listed looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite meal is definitely dinner! I think I need to give oatmeal another try for breakfast. Love your beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love fried foods as well! Fried calamari, fried chicken, mmmm! Everything in moderation. I don't believe in cutting things out if I want them, because who wants to exercise and not eat what they want? I love honey and cinnamon in my oats as well. Have you tried putting the berries in there? Mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is how I need to be eating. Every thing looks good- hungry x
    http://combinecontent.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/the-confident-cocky-interview.html

    ReplyDelete