How to Pull off Bright Bold Lips for Daytime!

-
Bold Lips for Spring!
This Spring 2016 bold lips are all the rage, well it's always been, however its taking the guesswork out of makeup looks this year. By adding a bold lip you can skip the eyeshadow and go for a simple cat eye or just bold lashes. Dust on a light blush that fits with your skintone and you are out the door and sometimes you don't even need that! This will save you so much time getting ready and it will work amazing for the daytime...BONUS! This season it's all about brights in different textures from matte, lacquer, and satin. Here are my favorite bright lip colors for the new season and how to wear all of them!




Orchid Floral Lips!
The 70's inspired beauty trends are coming back so why not take a cue from glorious florals and add orchids on your lips! This bright magenta is bold and perfect for all skin tones. Go for a dewy skin look with setting spray. I'm wearing Revlon Matte Balm in Passionate.



Cherry Lips!
Red lips will never go out of style, thanks to Taylor Swift! On the runway last fall matte red was all over the place, but in a good way! This look gives off a rock and roll tone! Go with a natural contour and highlight. I'm wearing Maybelline New York Color Blur in Cherry Cherry Bang Bang.



Tangerine Lips
Add a pop of a vibrant orange to brighten up any work day. Keep the makeup simple with a statement of big lashes and lips! I'm wearing Maybelline New York Vivid Matte Liquid. This color is more orange in person :)



When Coco Chanel told us to look in the mirror and take one thing off, she meant accessories but now it looks like that awesome quote has taken over the beauty industry as well!  

3 Tips on Wearing Bold lips during the Day!

Keep the Look simple! 
The way I did these looks are really simple and you only need a few products to get it! Keep the focus on your lips and clean up the brows. Get that dewy look with highlighters and setting sprays and make your eyes doll like with mascara!

Keep the rest of your outfit simple too!
Do not, I repeat do not, match your clothes to your lipstick! Save the rachetness for the night time haha! Stick with neutral shades to keep the eye up at the lips!

Rock Your Confidence!
After that whole controversy with MAC's instagram picture of a beautiful black woman with big lips, btw the same lips many women try to imitate, I felt impelled to rock my beautiful big lips in bright colors this season! Women of color should never feel down about our natural lips...ROCK IT SISTAS!


What Colors do you want to wear this spring?

8 comments

  1. I'm wearing red lips today! This is rare for me, I usually go for nudes. I've heard of the Color Blur ones like your Cherry Cherry Bang Bang above but haven't tried them yet!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually go for nothing haha but I'm really trying to switch it up and do something different! Its a nice change too! You should I have the plum and its really pretty but darker, I'm starting to really dig matte lips!

      Delete
  2. Love all the colours you've chosen and I think you suit them all too xx

    Nazira | Love Hijab Girl | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colors are amazing. I love the way you take your pictures. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very ready for spring. I love these photos and lip colors. Red makes me feel so confident and amazing. Everyone should invest.

    www.naturallyprettyandcute.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMg these colors look gorgeous on you <3 I agree, a cat eye and bold lip is timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Orchid looks gorgeous on you! Pinks and reds I got down, but I've always been afraid of orange lips! I might give it a try this summer though xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. orange lips is a section i am yet to tread...maybe this spring/summer will be the time. Really love the look of the Cherry Bang Bang. Great post and the colours look great on you! Liked on facebook too ;3
    Quirks & Queries

    ReplyDelete