How to Create the Perfect College Capsule Wardrobe

-

How to Pack Minimal for College

I'm a big fan of wardrobe capsules. I was looking through 25 Basic Wardrobe Essentials Every College Girls Needs and thought why not create a college wardrobe capsule!  I want to eventually create my own wardrobe especially since I'm thinking about going back to college in the up coming year! So I thought why not get a head start and even help others on the road to minimal clothing to save time and money! In this post I'll be giving you tips and tricks on how to  create the perfect college wardrobe capsule!

How to pack minimal for college


 3 Tips on How to Create a Capsule Wardrobe

  • Tip 1: Look through your Closet and see what type of basics you have and then see what basics you don't have. That way you are not buying just to buy but you are shopping with a purpose! 
  • Tip 2: If you need flexibility in creating a capsule for school, Make up your own rules. I love to have some type of color in my wardrobe so I'll find staple colors that will be my main focus on switch my outfit pieces up!
  • Tip 3: Don't go buy your capsule wardrobe! Chances are you have a ton of pieces that are going to work amazing in your capsule! Go through your closet and create a "Oh Heck Yes", "Ehh Maybe", and "Definitely not coming" pile! You'll be surprised how much you have in your closet to work with!
capsule wardrobe tips

Fall College Wardrobe Capsule

Going back to college is stressful enough so tugging around a load of clothes is just not practical! Here are 31 clothing pieces you need to create the perfect OOTD's fall and winter long! With this Fall College Capsule Wardrobe you can mix and match in so many ways that you would never think possible!  I wanted to add some trends such as the bomber jacket, joggers, and  ripped skinny jeans as I love incorporating new fashion trends into my wardrobe!

Shirts

Graphic Tee
White Button Down Blouse
Chambray Button Down
Oversized Flannel 
Tank top
Striped Tee
White-Tee



Sweaters

Knit Sweater
Hoodie Sweaters
Turtle-Neck Sweater




Outerwear

Black Structured Blazer
Thicker jackets
Military Jacket
Cardigan



Pants

White Skinny Jeans
Blue Skinny Jeans
Black Skinny Jeans
Boyfriend Jeans
Trousers
Black OPAQUE leggings
Comfy Joggers



Skirts

Denim Skirt (Check out this post on How to style Denim Skirts)
Flowy A-line Skirt
Pencil Skirt



Dresses

Black Dress
Denim Dress
Striped Dress



Shoes

Boots
White trainers
Flats 
Nude Heels
Black Heels
Comfy Uggs



Accessories



Beanie
Thick Scarf

Watch

Cross Body Purse

Oversized Bag






College_Capsule_Wardrobe_Fall

Why a college wardrobe capsule is Important!

When you go off to college whether you live in a dorm or off campus in an apartment you need to have less clothes as possible so your closet isn't a bulky mess! Reason for this, is to save time and money while you are away! That's why a college capsule wardrobe is important! This can help you work on your appetite for buying to0 much clothes! So it's basically a win-win for you!

So if you want me to do more of these or even how to style them please let me know as I had so much fun looking for new clothing pieces and getting my own college wardrobe capsule ready!!

What is some Wardrobe Essentials that is a must for you?


What to Read Next: 

3 comments

  1. Great tips Jasmine. These pieces are all you really need to get through. That shopbop dress is super cute! Have a great week darling. And I've missed reading you too, :).

    http://fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a helpful post! I love your blog!

    Bella x
    https://bellasfashionjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Recently decluttered my space and having only the essentials really helps to clear my mind!

    ReplyDelete