Tips and Tricks for the Best iPhone Photos

-
Today I wanted to share with you some of my all time tips and tricks for the Best iPhone Photos! Since this month is focusing on flat lay photography I'll be talking about how to master the concept of this type of phone photography using the iPhone! The iPhone camera is known for its impressive quality and functions. Since the new iPhone 7 is coming out soon (btw who else is excited about this?) I thought what better time than to talk about how to make the iPhone camera work for you, your blog, and most importantly your Instagram! Remember these tricks not only help iPhones but also Androids too! No discrimination I used to use Androids to take pictures for the longest time and they still turned out great!






iPhone Tips and Tricks that will Change Your Life!

1. Turn off Flash and get to some light!

The Most important part to a great iPhone photo is lighting!!! Now days its all about bright photos so instead of waiting until night time to take pictures always do it during the day. If you don't have good lighting in your house go out on your deck, heck even in your grass and take some pictures! I know my neighbors thought I was a tiny bit nuts but hey if they only knew the fierceness of my photos haha!

My favorite time to take pictures are early in the morning before the sun is too bright or in the evening before it gets dark! That sun is crazy during the day so pick your favorite time and start shooting!

cool instagram photos for fashion photography

2. But Wait...Pick the Right Shooting Mode

If you are focusing on Instagram, you know the importance of the right camera mode. I know they changed it to where you can adjust it. However, as I soon found out, it still limits what people see if they go to your actual Instagram page and some of the products you perfectly arranged is missing. So all in all if its Instagram you are aiming for set your camera mode to square mode!

3. Follow the Rule of Thirds

Now I always use to skip this step because I had no clue what it was! I found out that I was missing out! It  helps to straighten your pictures! That's especially helpful when doing flat lay photography! Clean lines make for an amazing flat lay photo. I used to have go in and straighten them manually afterwards which was frustration in itself!

tips and tricks best iPhone Photos

4. Lock in and Focus Better

To get a better focus of a specific object, put your finger on it and hold down until you see the yellow AE/AF Lock alert. This is also perfect for other photography if you want to blur out objects or the background...like microphotography!  To take the focus off just tap anywhere on your screen. Also if you tap on a specific object it brightens or darkens the picture that saves time editing the exposure!

Calvin Klein

5. Lights, Camera, Action!

Now it's finally time to take photos! You can use the volume button to take pictures to avoid shaky hands. This is awesome if you want to put a hand in your pics! Snap tons of pictures in different angles by holding down the shutter button!


photography tips for iphone users

6. Experiment With Editing Apps

Now that you have the perfect photo its time to edit...btw that's my favorite part! My pictures can go from boooo to yayyyy in 2 minuites! My main thing is brightening up a picture before I begin any other editing!



iphone photography for instagram

My Top 2 Favorite Editing Apps!

I have my own two favorite apps that I love even when I work with my camera and those two are Facetune and Afterlight! Afterlight seems to be a big favorite with a lot of bloggers and instagrammers it has everything you need for the best photos! I tend to skip the filters and go straight into manually editing my photos! I work a lot with facetune to whiten backdrops, smoothing, and deleting any unwanted marks or objects. One thing happens when I do photos indoors is shadows I've learned how to whiten those dark shadows with facetune!  For Afterlight its all the other stuff that makes the picture perfect such as brightening, contrast, saturation, highlights, shadows, tones, and sharpening the picture!

Calvin Klein

VSCOCam Filters!

I also decided to play around with VSCO and use some of the favorite filters I see on Instagram! I found this vsco filter below and thought it would look great on some of my iphone photos that took! What do you think about this filter?

vscocam editing filters

In this picture below I combined Afterlight and Factune, with VSCOcam for a pretty awesome look!

Vscocam photos



So these are my tips and tricks for the best iPhone Photos! I really challenged myself this week to break outside of the norm! I know that many people tend to stick with white minimal flat lays so I wanted to see if I could do it! It was really cool but Let me just say I think I'm way too colorful to do this on an everyday basis! The struggle was real trying to find a bunch of black and white items among so many colorful props I have haha!!!


Do You Like taking Pictures on Your Phone?
What's Your Favorite Apps to Use?

Become a Member of the C.U.B Stock Membership to receive photo bundles of over 50 stock photos and done for you graphics! Get it now for a limited time offer of just $25 for a whole year! Yep one flat payment of $25 now will get you a limited supply of stock photos that will get you noticed you are welcome ;)





How to take great iphone pictures! tips and tricks for taking and editing iphone  photography

16 comments

  1. Thanks for the tips! I have never tried afterlight - I'm going to download asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many photo editing apps, I can't keep track of which one I'm using day to day. I am a big fan of vsco. Afterlight is also a favorite!

    Darianne | http://luvjaye.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I always stick to my tried and true but i've tried tons of apps! I'm loving vsco at the moment too!

      Delete
  3. You have such great flatlays! Love these tips for getting the best photos!

    Chelsea
    Chow Down USA
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new design! I'm catching up on your posts and I have quite a lot to read!

    Love, Isaya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww Thank you! I hope you find some awesome posts!!!

      Delete
  5. GREAT TIPS!!! Definitely saving this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you!!! I hope they help you too!

      Delete
  6. Great tips Jasmine. I love your flat lays and filters. Will try some of them, :)

    http://fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some great tips. I personally love taking photos on my iphone but they could definitely do with some improvement. HAHA!

    www.beautylifebecca.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete