50 Websites for the Best of the Best FREE Stock Photos + Free Stock Photos!

-

 Stop Risking Your Blog's Credibility over Copyright Laws!

Get you some Bomb Stock photos on the Free-Low!

Ok Raise your hand if you like free stuff, I know I do! I would be, how you'd call it, CHEAP! Like filthy cheap when it comes to my blog! I have to be that way until I'm able to afford the luxurious things, but let me be honest I'll still be that cheap blogger!

*Also I have some especially exciting news about MY OWN FREE STOCK PHOTOS at the end of this post ;)


Ok let's get serious for a sec...Image Copyright Laws

If you really think doing these 10 things will help you think again.

  1. The photo isn’t full-size
  2. You link back to the photo source & give attribution to the photographer(they're not gonna see that...oh but some troll will)
  3. Your website isn’t for business use and/or you make no money from your blog
  4. The photo is embedded instead of saved on your server
  5. You did it innocently (Not now ha!)
  6. The picture is licensed to your Web developer or designer (Blaming it on them, shame shame!)
  7. You take the photo down after receiving a DMCA takedown notice 
  8. Another business or blogger used the photo (Don't go with the pact!)
  9. You have a disclaimer on your site (Now who gonna see that!)
  10. You found it on Pinterest//Twitter/Instagram/Facebook/etc. (Nooooooooo!)

Unless the owner has given you explicit permission to use them
 those 10 reasons are not going to help you!


Now to the Fun Stuff!
Today I want to teach you the art of finding Gorgeous Free Stock photos!!! I know some days I'll be so in the mood to take some pictures and then the very next day do not even want to look at a camera! That's when stock photos come in handy. You literally do not have to do anything to them, if you don't want to. However, and I highly suggest, if you want to stand out from the other people with that same picture then you need to maximise your use with that picture.  I got some tips for ya! 

50 Best of the Best Websites for Free Stock Photos


  1. Death to Photo Stock Photo(This is one is most used on my site) A pack of Stock Photo's come by email each month!
  2. Unsplash
  3. Pixabay (Absolutely love this one)
  4. Picjumbo
  5. Creative Vix
  6. Travel Coffee Book (lots of travel photos)
  7. Stock Vault
  8. The Stockpile(Also comes by email)
  9. Photo Collection (A lot of Nature Pics)
  10. TookAPic
  11. Shutteroo
  12. SplitShire
  13. ISO Republic
  14. Stock Snap
  15. Kaboompics
  16. FancyCrave
  17. Gratistography (This one has some crazy pictures but sooo cool!)
  18. Designer Pics
  19. Getrefe
  20. Magdeleine
  21. Foodies feed (Perfect for food bloggers!)
  22. Life of Pix (Travel Bloggers will love this)
  23. Startup Stock Photos
  24. Creative Convex
  25. Scatter Jar
  26. New Old Stock (These are more vintages styled) 
  27. Snapwire Snaps
  28. Pexels
  29. Jaymantri
  30. Stokpic
  31. Picography
  32. JeShoots
  33. CupCake
  34. GoodFreePhotos
  35. LibreShot
  36. Idpinthat  (use the search bar to find images)
  37. Public Domain Archive
  38. Negative Space
  39. Franken Fotos
  40. Designers Pics
  41. Epicantus
  42. Splashbase
  43. Photo Collections
  44. Creative Vix
  45. Barn Images (ironically no barn images lol)
  46. Good Stock Photos
  47. MMT
  48. Re:splashed
  49. Rawpixel
  50. All The Free Stock



Free Stock Photos from other Bloggers


How to make your Free Stock Photos Unique to your Blog



1. Edit your pic some more!
I love editing stock photos to how I want them to look! I'll brighten them to my liking, add more saturation to make it more colorful, add a bit more contrast and maybe even change the undertones of the picture a little. No one else can do that but you...that what makes it unique! 

As you can see below the difference a few editing skills can do...no expertise needed!
**Also the picture shown is from the lovely Rekita Nicole and her free stock photos she has on her website!**

2. Add Words! 
This is a no brainer but social media users love seeing words on pictures. It's more likely you'll get repinned, shared, and retweeted! I like DaFont for fun creative fonts! You can use overlays from google in your photo editor to create custom colors over your fonts like gold foil! 

You can see from the pictures below, that I did for my blog post on  How to Spot a Jerk , the difference a few special touches can make! Also this picture is from a collection of photos I got by email from Death to Photo Stock.


3. Change the Size! 
Make it more pinterest friendly by making it VERTICAL! Vertically sized images are more likely to get shared with others...it's a vertical fact! I like to go into either Canva or Fotor to design a template with a size of 700x1100 and add the picture as an overlay. Of course not everything will be in the picture but that's another reason it's unique!

I HAVE FREE STOCK PHOTOS FOR YOU!!!

While we have stock photos on the brain, I've got over 50 free stock photos that I shot just for you!!! Use them however you like and if you use them let me know so I can shout you out!!!




31 comments

  1. I'm bookmarking this post for the long list of free stock photo places! Loving it. Also, I never though to edit them after? Where do you get these ideas? Very clever :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's from research and a lot of time on my hands haha! I love experimenting with things! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Love this post and the list of sites! The socail media bar at the side kept getting in my way though :(

    Katie
    www.blushingbubbles.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm, since I submitted my comment, the layout reformatted and is all fine now! must be my silly computer xx

      Delete
    2. Haha it's ok And thank you for your comment! :)

      Delete
  3. Bookmarked this post. Thank you so much! I love pixabay too but didn't know these other cool sites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome!!! Pixabay is so awesome I've been using that a lot lately!

      Delete
  4. Added this to my pocket! Great links and I need to review the Image Copyright Law just for my own knowledge and protection!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Definitely read over it I constantly have to look at it just to make sure!

      Delete
  5. That is some very useful information. Although I thought that as long as you made it clear that the photo wasn't yours and you linked back to the source then there was no issue with it? However, thanks for the list of sites to use for stock photos! I've been needing to find some of these for a while!

    Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on the photographer usually it's not a big deal but there is always someone who has a problem with it lol so just for our protection it wouldn't hurt lol. Thanks so much for reading!

      Delete
  6. Great post! Some really useful information, especially because I am new to blogging. I am going to check out some of the sites you have recommended!

    Have a good Sunday!

    http://thesweetpea-life.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post has been really helpful! I've been looking for stock photos for ages but haven't come across any, and now you've given me a lot of websites to check out! Thanks!

    Holly | http://holbol.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg super helpful! Thanks for sharing this, totally bookmarking your page <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this awesome resource. I really needed a list like this. I've been wanting to up my game with images, but didn't know where to start. Pinning to have as reference later!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really great information! Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just used pixabay for my Travel Wishlist. Love this post :)

    http://www.zinatara.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for this list! I was aware of some of them but not all of these. I love using Rekita Nicole's stock photo's. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't know there were so many sites for stock photos! I'm excited about this. I pinned it for reference.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This page is so helpful, I had never realised how many places you could use!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent resource thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This post was super helpful, I've bookmarked it for future reference! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What do you use to edit the pictures ?

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is awesome!! I LOVE Pixabay but it's great to have other resources. Thank you!
    www.StacyZeal.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love finding sites with good stock photos. Thanks for sharing.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, such an expansive list! Thanks so much for sharing!

    La Belle Sirene

    ReplyDelete