How to Give Yourself More Time Each Day

-
Time seriously is flying by so fast its hard to keep up at times. It seems like there is never enough time in the day and if you do find that time it goes by so freaking quickly! Today I wanted to share some of the strategies I've taken this past week to really enjoy the day and not get to overwhelmed!

By adopting new habits you can prioritize and stay focus!

time management and productivity

Find the Best Time to Be Productive

Are you more productive in the morning, evening, or are you like me...a night owl. I've found that I get more stuff done at night. I seriously wake up at night whereas during the day I need coffee just to keep me going! So once you find that time where you are most productive establish that as your set time to maximize productivity! Also get up early in the mornings that's a great way to have a longer day ahead. Check out this post on how to become a morning person!

Tips that help me maximize my time


  • I don't over schedule. I do what is important and leave the rest for another day.
  • I finish my difficult tasks first before I get to tired.
  • I get plenty of rest! If I don't get the rest I need I just do not perform well...also coffee also helps haha!

Anne klein watch and bracelet set
Watch Details: Similar one in Black from Anne Klein


Beat the Dread!

If there is something I need to do and I'm dreading it, I'll go ahead and do it in intervals! For example, Just the other day I was dreading exercising so I decided to just get my butt up and get on the treadmill for 10 minutes. It's not a lot of time but it did help me get my blood pumping and ready to start the morning off right! I decided to do 10 minutes of exercise 3 times that day: in the morning, noon, and then evening to make it 30 minutes total. It really helped me not dread doing the whole 30 minutes in one session. Plus it woke me up and I got more stuff done that day!


Things I do in intervals as a blogger!

Check social media, comment, like, and follow...10 minutes and I'm done!
Read blogs and comment
Schedule out tweets


Basically stop procrastinating


Get Sh*t Done Now!

If you have at least 2 minutes then you may be surprised at what you can get done! I tend to have a messy room, I can't deny it, so I'm constantly cleaning it for 1 to 2 days in a row. It really is a time sucker! So instead this week I decided to just pick up the mess that I make each day. It takes less than 2 minutes to keep a room clean! If I take clothes off I put it where it needs to be...not in the floor! By adopting practices such as responding to emails, cleaning up clutter each day, or keeping dishes out of the sink, you can set out that extra time for more productive things.

Remember if you can get it done quickly...do it now! Don't wait until those little tasks become bigger task!

Plan Baby, Plan!

Planning ahead really takes the stress out of everyday living! Take for instance planning meals out on sunday for the week ahead or Plan out your clothes. .Even the night before I plan out my day for the next day.  You can get ahead of the game when you plan out your days leaving extra time to be in the moment.

Get away from Your Desk!

Sitting down for the majority of the day will seriously make you feel like time is flying instead go somewhere different! It impacts how much work you manage to get done a day! Get up and move around. Got emails to check? Look at them on your cell phone. One of the best features on your phone is Apps, utilize them to get more stuff done without sitting all day! Go to a nearby coffee shop, my favorite is Starbucks or take a brisk walk even on your treadmill! You'll return to your desk refreshed and focused! So it's ok to take a Chill Pill!

winter fashion outfits


Your time is precious so make the most of your day! It's totally possible to get more done in a day without feeling overwhelmed or defeated by your workload. Follow some of these steps for the week ahead to have a more productive week and finally live in the moment! Since its the weekend find sometime to relax, you deserve a break on the weekend!

Also if you ever find that you literally don't have anything to do on a certain day, check out this post on 10 productive things you can do on a boring day. If you find yourself needing to take a break from heavy workload then have a day just to destress!

Want more tips on getting more stuff done Check out this post!!!

10 comments

  1. What a great post! I especially love the work out idea! It's perfect for those busy days!

    Megan
    Sweet Sauce Blog
    http://www.sweetsauceblog.com/bff-gift-guide-100-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! That's my favorite thing to do!

      Delete
  2. This is such a great post! I need to start implementing them in my life!Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!! Loving the watch & scarf!

    X - Leah
    www.ellemaebloom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! When I have a bunch of homework or work to do, I do it in intervals and take breaks!! Also, love your scarf in the photos!!

    Caitlyn | www.collegewithcaitlyn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its the best thing I've ever learned! Thank you!!!

      Delete
  5. I'm in love with this post! Thanks for sharing :)

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete