How to Give Yourself a Break on Weekends!

-

How to Take a Self Care Day!



As a working woman, if you're not...JEALOUS lol, but we all know we have to take some time out of our busy day to relax. Weekends are my days to relax and really enjoy time alone, with family, or with friends. Taking a Self Care Day or even the whole weekend is important to keep you from going crazy! You need these days to keep you happy!  I wanted to share with you how I Give myself a break from the hustle!

Check out this post: 5 Reasons to be Happy  plus free phone and desktop printables ;)




Start the Mornings Right!

If you want your weekend recharge to go off smoothly add a relaxing morning routine to your schedule! Learn more about Tips to Having the Best Mornings here!

Log off!

As a creative entrepreneur that works from and lives by here phone and laptop logging off can be really hard. However, its something we have to do to remain sane and avoid burn out! I turn off all of my technology for a few hours and I relax! I spend time with family afterwards I take a bubble bath, I apply a face mask, and I live in the moment.

Check out this post: Simple Skin Care for the Working Woman

Get Scented

Applying body lotions, perfumes, and burning a candle makes me feel so relaxed especially after a long relaxing bath! I just bought the Vanilla Bean Noel lotion and spray during their black friday sale. I love the smell of this vanilla so much that I even got the hand sanitizer! I bought this vanilla candle from walmart and I literally burn it every single night when I'm home and cozy up to watch a marathon of Sex and the City! This alone gets me out of a crappy mood!



Check out this post: My Secret to Getting out of a Crappy Mood

Get Warmed Up

Treat yourself to some good ole fashion tea or hot chocolate! I don't know why but warm things just make me feel so relaxed! Put on some fuzzy socks and read a book! I like to go for inspirational books to help me feel encouraged and strong!



Take a Well Deserved Nap

It's ok you deserve it! You've stayed up for countless hours working hard it's time to recharge...NUFF SAID! 

For Added Recharge:Learn the Benefits of Meditation and My Favorite App!

More Tips on How to Wind down Every Single Day!


Take a walk! 

I know it's getting cold so bundle up, no excuses, getting out of the house to clear your mind will help fight stress head on. If you work from home this is an awesome way of unloading all of that stress for the day. Take at least 10-15 minutes to clear your mind outside and smell the pine cones haha!


Prioritize Your Life...that even means putting you on the list!

Thats right! While you are writing your to-do list why not schedule in a moment to actually breathe! Watch some tv, laugh, call a friend, just sit and stare into the sky with no thoughts at all! Reflect on your day and be grateful. Sometimes we need that, at least I know I do!

Check out this post: 7 Gratitude Affirmations to Say all Week Long

Stop Trying to Do Everything!

You are only one person! Decide what you can reasonably do each day, do it, and leave the rest for another day. Even better get someone else to do it! Think of it this way, if you put a lot of food on your plate, are you really going to eat it all? You'll eventually need to save it for leftovers, right?! Do the same with your to-do list! Do what needs to be done and save the rest for later. This is the Holidays, relax a little bit!





I know as a solopreneur, working girl, or college girl it can be hard to find time to relax and take care of yourself. You feel because you are only one person doing it all, you have to work extra hard. Trust me, I get it! However, sometimes you really need time to just breathe and be in the now. The work is still going to be there afterwards so why not give yourself a break...YOU REALLY DESERVE IT!

Here are some Luxurious Items to Pamper Yourself With!


How do you find time to relax?




8 comments

  1. loved this post!!
    Hope you had a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great tips doll! Love your blog!

    Kisses & Happy Monday,
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts always put a smile on my face,thank you so much,girl! I love your all posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adore this post!! Thank you so much for sharing this perfect article for the weekends! Can't wait for the next one! Big Xx Susanne - http://bagatyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all such great tips! It's so important to take some time off and take care of yourself! Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful day!

    xo, Esther

    http://bubblesther.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think "logging off" is key for me. I feel like there's always more that could be done with blogging. Posts to pre-schedule, designs to tweak, images to make. I need to assign a block of time for blogging stuff and then drop the computer when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this post, it was really helpful. Self care is something I find particularly difficult. I struggled to understand what self care was, until I realised it's different for everyone. I'm getting the concept now, but I need to work on implementing it into my life. Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete