How to Write the Perfect About Me Page

-

The About Me Page is Essential for Your Blog!!!

It’s the last thing a blogger thinks about but it’s the first thing readers go to when they come to your page after reading an awesome post from you! Most of the time when someone comes to your page and are really interested in your work they tend to want to know more! So that means they will go looking for more info about the writer. 9 times out of 10 if they cannot find anything they will leave and won’t come back *raises hand*

about me page

Do you have an About Me Page? 

One thing I noticed from some of the blogs I visit is that many lack of an About Me Page. It’s so vital to have that because I, like so many wanted to know more about you! However, never fear because I, Jasmine, is here! Think of me as your bigger sister giving you advice haha! 

 

2 Reason bloggers Need an About Me Page:

1.For the Reader of course! 
They want to see who you are on a personal level.
2.For a company! 
This is the best way a company or brand can contact you for sponsorships, giveaways, and reviews! 

The Basics of an About Me Page

  1. Your Name: People like to know the person behind the blog
  2. Your reason for starting a blog: What is your purpose what will make people love reading you blog.
  3. Fun tidbits about yourself: Let's get to know the real you
  4. Tell them “Where to Start”: Give them a call to action so they want leave your page afterwards.
  5. Contact Information: You want people to contact you whether its for a brand or another blogger.
  6. Media Kit or Promotion Options: Let brands know you are looking for them but understand that you have standards.

The Creative Side of an About Me Page

Things that are fun to include but are optional!
  1. Do a fun tag that helps people get to know you.
  2. Ask them to subscribe to your email or RSS feed
  3. Tell them about popular post you are most proud of...Give them your best work!
  4. If you have any great Series that you are proud of this is a great to put in your start here section.
  5. Introduction Videos. How personal is that to have your very own introduction just for your readers!
  6. Pictures of you. We are nosey people we want to see the person behind the blog.

What Else Do I Need to Do?

  1. Add a Picture of you to the sidebar linking back to your about me page. 
  2. Add the About Me Page to your tab bar for easy access. You can name it “About Me” or “Start Here
In the Comments below: Let me know do you need to revamp your about me page? Is there something you didn't think about adding to your About Me Page but now will?

If you need help with blog design and how to make your blog stand out feel free to contact me for blog coaching I offer a FREE 1 on 1 coaching session! >>Click Here<<






Before you Leave, Check this out:
6 Ways Successful Bloggers Get Your Addicted to Their Blog
101 Ridiculously Useful Blogging Tips for Every Blogger

5 comments

  1. Very good advice! I love looking at About Me pages to decide whether or not to subscribe to a blog. It's all about how much I connect to the writer! And I love how colorful your blog is!

    Alisha | http://www.alishaspinkdaisies.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's fun getting to know new people! Thank you!!!

      Delete
  2. It's been a looooong time since I've updated my about page. So I definitely need to dust it off and think about how I can update it. Thanks for all these great tips! A hashtag is a really great idea to add!

    xx Yasmin
    http://banglesandbungalows.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for these tips! I never can think of what to put on my about me page, so it ends up looking short and boring. How would you suggest wording no. 6? I have no idea how begin writing that part!

    Alicia Nicole x http://my melanatedbeautiful.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I removed my About Me page thinking it was useless. I'll be adding it back incorporating some of the suggestions you made above. I think the introduction video is a really cool idea! Thank you

    ReplyDelete