How to deal with Depression as a Solopreneur

-
How do you go on when life seems to throw every lemon your way.

Well I'll tell ya it's not simple and sometimes you have to get hit in the face, the butt, and even hit in the mouth with them! Sometimes you have to just sip that lemonade like your life depended on it.

That's what I'm doing right now. I'll be honest I haven't been in the best mood this January. Life has not been awesome and it sucks sometimes. I wasn't going to do a blog post at all this week but decided you know what "this makes me happy" and even for a few seconds I can experience the joy I once had. 
How to deal with depression as a solopreneur and how to get through it.


How do you move on when your world has stood still?


I read in a Facebook group about someone was going through something so heartbreaking and she said how do you deal with situations that is out of your control? How do you break through the pain to keep striving toward your dreams and goals you have for your life? I felt just like this woman so lost and confused but realized I wasn't alone.

So instead of talking about the next blogging tip or how to rock at being a blogger let's take a step back and deal with the other side of bloggers and business owners that we may not see very often, the sad, depressed side. We all go through it and feel like there's no way out, but, here's a blogging/business tip I can tell you...You will get through the hardest times of your life and you will make it through!

What happens when Life stands still

I don't know maybe you are going through the same thing and wondering how can you move on when life seems to have stood still. Well I don't know either, but, what I've learned over years of going through depression and very bad lemons, is I have to just keep pushing through. Here are few solid steps I took that have helped me.

Step 1: Cry and cry a lot!

If you think you have no tears left, nope there's more! I thought I was ok last night and then all of a sudden I went from laughing to a bawling mess! I had no idea I still had it in me, but, I told myself to face it...face it head on and cry about it!


"Cry when you need to, laugh when you can, work when you have the urge to, and sleep when your mind's at ease" 

Step 2: Talk to someone you trust!

No matter how much you want to keep it all inside, you can't, and it's ok. Talk to someone you truly trust. I called my oldest brother and I could barely speak, simply just crying. He listened, I listened, I took everything in, I exhaled, and then I bawled my eyes out again. At the end I felt a sense of relief I hadn't felt in awhile. Did I bawl my eyes I out again when I got off the phone, you bet my little eyes did well up with tears and spill out like a flood. I felt better though. It's so important to find someone that you can talk to, give an unbiased opinion, help you find a solution, and a conclusion. Sometimes you need that type of person in your life that not only listens but helps. Find that person.

Step 3: After you've done all you can...stand and keep moving.

The hardest part to do, but, well worth it. The world is still spinning even though your life has stood still for a brief moment. Remember this...it's only a brief moment. It may take a long time to get over it but that doesn't mean you should stop your whole life for lemons that simply suck! IT IS VITAL THAT YOU DIVE BACK IN! Find a routine that calms your mind and creates inspiration. You get one of the lemons and you make a freaking fabulous lemon cake with it! It's time to get back to work and start working on your passions and dreams. You owe it to yourself.

being strong quotes


Let me know in the comments if you are experiencing a crappy moment. Express it get it out and then tell me what your goals are for 2017. Keep those goals in mind as you move forward :)

1 comment

  1. This was amazing-I saw it on Twitter --and can I say, I relate to this and your advice-pinning this post for sure!

    Get it girl!

    ~Katelyn
    www.theyellowspectacles.com

    ReplyDelete