The secret to great success is quality content and consistent brand! You can have the prettiest design, the best widgets on planet earth. However, if you're writing is lackluster, no information to give, no personality, then your blog cannot be successful! Ok that sounds harsh, but, it's the truth unfortunately.
People do not read blogs just for nothing anymore. They need a reason to read it. Do you have a point to get across? Do you have something to say that will help change someone else's life? Is your post interesting or creative? Do you provide worthwhile content that keeps your readers coming back for more.
The #1 goal of any successful blogger is questioning...How can I, the blogger, help you, the reader?
If you want to turn your blog into business you need to start treating it like one! Create business days and office hours...yes literally! I'm not playing, do it haha! Its so important to have set days and hours to work on achieving goals. Commit your time to growing a blog that will rack in serious cash money! If you have any fears about starting a business with your blog check this post out!
1. Treat Your Blog like a Business
2. Create Your Best Work before You Launch your Blog!
The first thing I suggest doing before you make your blog go live to the entire world to see as a new blogger, is to make 5-10 post that you are truly proud of. Like seriously proud of! I've seen new bloggers come out on top because of this! By creating these post before sharing it on social media it helps to set the stage for what your readers can expect from you. This also shows others what you are capable of as a writer and as a blogger. Need help on blog post ideas here's an article on generating blog post for your blog!
3. Keep a Regular Schedule!This is something I wish I knew when I started. I would post sporadically but I did however try to post once a week. Now as you can see I'm posting every single day because it makes me happy. Pick how many days you feel you can do. It may only be 1 day a week but if it is 1 day week make it known that you will be posting on the same day at a specific time, preferably in the morning! By posting and sharing early in the morning this gives people the opportunity to see it all day. BONUS your readers will know when they can expect a great blog post from you.
3. Plan out Your PostIf you are going to write daily or at least once a week you need to plan it out. Your readers need information that is clear, to the point, and understandable. If you are writing daily, I suggest planning out posts at least a month in advance. Now this doesn't mean you have to write 30 freaking post in a couple of days...that's madness! However take the weekends to write out your post for that week. Research, Research, and RESEARCH some more. Check out the anatomy of a blog post to make your blog post rock!
4. Create a Killer HeadlineThis reels the reader in. Call it clickbait or link bait if you will. We see this a lot of the time on YouTube! You need to draw in your audience with words that shock and that evoke a response, that's usually a click to your blog! Now that they have clicked make sure to reel them in even further with an epic introduction that evokes even more of a response. These two key elements help drive traffic to your blog and keep them there to read your post. The key here is to tell people what your blog post is about without actually telling them everything! Remember to add keywords that help with SEO (These are keywords people normally search for on google).
5. Listen to your audience!
You won't keep your audience if you aren't listening to them! In order to crate a thriving blog + business, you have to know who your target market is! When you know who you are trying to reach with your blog then you'll be able to create content, products, and services that are tailored to them. Once you listen now its time to deliver! Check out this post on finding your ideal reader!
6. They set goals and they do them!
It's so important to set goals as a blogger wanting to be successful! If you don't have goals you will just be all over the place! The best bloggers set goals for growth, projects they want to create, and so much more! Dream big and then deliver! Check out this post on setting goals plus a free printable!
7. Plan ahead!
Planning ahead makes blogging go smooth and less stressful! Create an editorial calendar for blog posts in advance! Would you like to see a post on how I do my editorial calendar?
8. They Collaborate and Network!It's soooo important to meet other like minded people in your niche! Collaborating includes bloggers and brands. It's a great way to grow your audience, but also build meaningful relationships! Write guests posts team up for live chats, interview each other, or create products together! Check out this post about networking with bloggers!
9. Engage with your Audience!Successful bloggers engage with their audience! They nourish the relationships of their loyal followers! Make time to engage and interact with them. Encourage them to leave comments, ask questions, do polls! There are so many ways to interact...do it! You can make some awesome friends!
10. Their Brand Rocks!Branding your blog is one of the top things you can do to make people addicted to your blog! Know why you started blogging, who you are blogging for, and what you will create for them! Then you can get to the fun stuff designing, planning, and creating a rock solid Blog that kicks butt! I created an awesome and FREE email course to help you with this!
I hope these tips help you as much as they are helping me. If there is anything you would like for me to touch basis on in upcoming blog tips let me know in the comments below!
Pin this image to share with others💞