How to Plan a Successful Solopreneur Business

-
So you wanna be a Solopreneur?

Ok if you clicked on this, I know your answer! It's pretty common for a lot of us these days to aspire to work for ourselves! I myself is in the same boat. I know how intimidating it can be to make that jump. I'm not gonna sit here and say I have it all figured out and I'm racking in the doe...because I'm not! I lack motivation half the time and things sometimes don't fall into place like I expect them too. I'm learning to change my mindset and sometimes I just don't feel like that girl boss that I want to be and you know what...it's ok! It's ok to feel this way and I had to understand that but that doesn't mean you should give up. So that's the behind the scenes of a Solopreneur (aka me) and I know others probably have experienced this In their beginning phases and maybe even now. I want to share my journey and I hope that one day I can help someone aspire to take the leap as well.

Here are my tips for planning a Successful Solopreneur Business
(These are tips that I'm learning now and I want to share it with you all)

How to plan a successful business. Before launching your business her are 8 steps to ensure a successful start! Needs to be Niche-specific


In order to have a successful business it needs to be specific to a certain group of people. Let's look at all of the successful businesses that you know. Don't they have a specific niche that draws people in? They have learned who their target customers are and what problems they can solve for them.

No one will buy something, if it doesn't solve a certain problem in their life
 (Uuuuh tweet this hunny)!

What's are your goals?


Your main goal is to solve at least one customer's problem with whatever idea you may have. Take for instance me. I sell stock photography...I'm solving someone's problem when it comes to taking photos. Not a lot of people can take awesome photos or have the time to take awesome photos so that's where I come in. (Btw I do affordable custom stock photography starting at $5/image for bloggers and social media too so don't hesitate to contact me)

 

Can you achieve the Goal Alone?


Now this is where you need to think. Can you do this alone? For me the answer is heck yes! However, as time and customers builds up I may need a VA(virtual assistant) to help me cater to everyone and also keep up with social media. I may even need someone to help me with my budget (that's where my smart business minded brother comes in haha). So think to yourself can you work alone, will you need a team in the future? Be realistic.

What's gonna slow you down?


There will be times when life just wants to say "hey...we need to slow down let me hit you with something hard." It will happen, it has happen, and it wont stop happening. Let's get real with ourselves! Starting off we may have lack of funds, bills piling up to our hooha, or we may even need a bit of education to learn more. Whatever the case may be, never give up. For me it can be depression it will hit out of nowhere but I have to get right back up afterwards and keep going.

Remember it's ok to take a break but its really important to get back up!
 (You should totes tweet this)!

Have you brainstormed all of the necessities?

What does it take to make your dreams come true! Do you need a new camera to start your photography business? Need to upgrade your computer to help you use certain software? Will you need more education? Will you need an office, studio, or more space. Will you need a team behind you such as attorneys, accountants, employees, etc. What about legal docs! Their are so many things that go behind creating a business other than just the ideas you have. Don't get scared, it's a learning experience. Don't feel you have to know everything starting out! I'm still learning this but it's so important because you don't want to get caught up in something that could have been prevented.


Have you fully researched?


Do you know what you are getting yourself into? Have you researched the type of business that you are going into? You need to know what you do, how you do it, and why you do it!  Dig a bit deeper into you competitors businesses and see what they are doing and how you can do it better or equally as great! This isn't the time to start comparing yourself to them, this is research time!

Have you made a business plan?


This is super important to help you stay on track with everything. Do you have an idea but  have no plan...then my friend you need a business plan! Their are so many business plan workbooks out there that you can get or you can just download this checklist to create your own here!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j173exnszk1bu60/Business%20Plan%20Checklist.pdf?dl=0

Put system into action

Now it's time to jump! You know what you do, how to do it, and why! So now its time to take the bull by the horns because you are in for a bumpy ride!

Here are a few blog post and freebies that will help you out!
5 Steps to Take to Start Your Own Business
How to Conquer the Fear of Failing as an Entrepreneur (Free workbook)
How to Deal with Depression as a Solopreneur!
10 Girl Power Tips to Being a Girl Boss
How to Give Yourself More Time in the Day


In the comments: Let me know what is holding you back from starting your business!

3 comments

  1. I agree, it's scary to be your own boss and fight for business to come in. I love blogging, but I've also realised that I enjoy having a steady income. We're all different and I really admire everyone with the guts to do it on their own.

    Maya | http://londondamsel.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you were around when I was starting on my blog. :)
    Super helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive and useful to know about tips and details within your sharing. Thanks a lot. Best IT company in coimbatore | Best web site developer

    ReplyDelete