10 Awesome Ways to Stand Out on Pinterest!

-
Just like any social media platform, standing out can get you tons of traffic back to your website. It's no secret that the more you stand out the more followers you will get. Here are 10 proven ways that have worked for others including myself!


1. Set up your Pinterest Bio

First things first, is your business or blog name! Make good use of this area because that will help you show up in the Pinterest search engine! Include your actual name or business and then add keywords to describe what you do. When you pin someone else's pin or pin something your full name including keywords will show up! This will ensure your reader will know who you are and who you serve. This encourages people to check out your profile. Check out this blog post all about setting up your pinterest bio!

2. Stop with the Selfies

In order to stand out on Pinterest and look legit as a blogger or business owner you need to have a professional headshot! You can do this free of charge with a camera and a tripod(or books stacked up together haha). You can have a white background or go outside and take a picture. Make sure you are in good natural light!

Things that get you noticed:
  • Bright clothing or background
  • A picture of a person, not a logo
  • Smiling and bubbly

3. Find your Target Audience

Just like with your blog or any other social media you need to be looking for your ideal audience! These people will pin your pins more likely than people that are not your target market. Take notice of the people who are pinning your stuff and then follow them back and repin or like their stuff. The purpose is to continuously show up in other people's notifications.  You can learn more about your target audience in this blog post.

4.Make your Boards Cohesive

This is where the fun design part comes in! You can either create a cohesive board using gorgeous pins you find on pinterest or you can create your own. If you are finding photos for board covers then make sure  they are visually similar to one another. Check out this blog post all about creating cohesive pinterest boards using canva!

5. Make your Board Titles and Descriptions SEO and Keyword Friendly

The same way we get seen via pinterest bios are the same way we get noticed via board titles and descriptions. Keywords work the same as any other social media platform. Think about what your target audience is searching for in the pinterest search bar. You'll come up with a lot of competition, especially if the keywords are generic,  so try to think outside of the box. Be as detailed as possible.

Tip: This is important go over to your pinterest account settings and go find "search privacy" and make sure the switch is set to NO! This will ensure that your pinterest is able to get seen on google and other search engines.

6. Join Group Boards

Joining group boards help you get your name out their even further but you need to be selective. Look for group boards where people are actually pinning. Look for boards that are active because seriously what's the purpose in joining group boards that don't pin. Find group boards that fit your niche and target audience. What I like to do is go searching for influencers in my niche that are participating in group boards and then I join some of the same group boards. If they have a group board even better! Remember it's not about the number of people that are apart of the group its about how many times they are pinning.

7. Create Your Own Group board

Speaking of group boards...why not create you own. Start with a small group of people in your business or blogging niche and create a rule to pin each other's pins. As well as pinning to the board daily with content(not always your own content).

8. Repin High Quality Pins

Remember your pins are not the only thing people want to see. So repin others too. The best rule of thumb is to repin images that are just as high quality as yours. Check to see how many repins they have (people are more likely to repin these). If people find that you are repin quality content that fits your brand then they are more prone to following you and researching you.

9. Know what pins do the best and create them!

Things that do well on pinterest are long pins, vertical pins, bright and colorful pins, helpful tips, infographics, how-to's and list. The recommended pin is usually 700 x 1200 on up!

10. Make Your Pins High Quality and Aesthetically Pleasing

Create epic pins that actually get pinned! More people will recognize you when your pins are high quality and are consistent with your other pins. Check out this blog post all about using stock photos to create gorgeous pinterest boards in canva that work for your brand!

Bonus Tip: Pin Regularly! 

Use board booster to pin regularly to group boards and your own boards! The best tip I could ever give you is to pin often at least 50 times a day and at different times. Board boosters helps you do that without stressing! Click here to learn more about boardbooster and sign up!*

Need More Help...ENROLL IN A COURSE!!!
PIN FOR GROWTH by Buzzing Creatives has an awesome course all about using pinterest if you are hoping to make passive income through Pinterest. This course will help you market your business, grow your website traffic, increase your pinterest following, and email list! Learn more and sign up here* before May 25th now!

http://buzzing-creatives.thinkific.com/?ref=cd2d19



What's one thing that has helped you stand out online?


35 comments

  1. Your tips are spot on and just what I needed to give myself a push to giving my Pinterest more attention! You made this very easy to follow. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super helpful! Can't wait to use some of these ideas to help grow my following and interactions with others. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips. Pinterest can be confusing but it's such a great resource for bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I followed along until point 5 and then my head started to spin, lol. I'm really trying to understand Pinterest, but I just get stuck. I need a sit down chat to understand what to do, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great tips! I love the way you have them laid out and so easy to follow! Your sight is so fun and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these tips are really helpful, I need to get better about using keywords on Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super helpful tips! I'm a part of a few Pinterest group boards but rarely participate in them. I really should get more involved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Pinterest and can honestly say that joining group boards gives you the biggest boost as you said! I have to disagree when it comes to the amount of pins per day though, I find that too many pins annoy followers and lead to unfollowers - I think 5-10 a day is enough then I just pin pretty things I see to a private board to sort out later.
    Kate || www.katerattley.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips! I'm slowly trying to build my Pinterest following so I need to implement a few of these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have given some very valuable tips. Done right, Pinterest can be your best friend. Something else worth mentioning is to please check your spelling. Pins with misspelled words are my pet peeve.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good tips. Pinterest has been a huge traffic driver for me, so I feel like it's worth investing time in to get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your tips! I joined Pinterest way back when it had been around for just a few months, so I haven't done the best job updating my page and bio. You've given me motivation though. :-)
    xo, SC // SCsScoop.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joining group boars and pinning regularly has been very big for me. Making your Pinterest profile more professional looking is also a good thing. Love these tips!

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are all great tips! you really need to be activity to boost visibility!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was very helpful. I need to get a better profile pic...

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a helpful list! I've been really trying to put more focus on my pinterest game lately, so I'll try to utilize more of these tips. x

    Kate
    www.thegoldsister.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome post! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great tips! I love Boardbooster!

    ReplyDelete
  19. and make sure your pins are big enough and bold enough and vertical!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are great tips! I've been trying to up my Pinterest game and this is just what I needed to read!

    Lauren
    http://www.basicbabelauren.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I definitely need to work on #5...making my boards more SEO friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are great tips! I have some work to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have saved this to Pinterest so I can go back and study it later. Thanks for the tips

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just started implementing a lot of these and have seen a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the color scheme of your site! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think being consistent is a huge part of growing Pinterest! I need to be better about that!

    xo, Chelsie @ Hey There, Chelsie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Pinning this to come back to! Pinterest is definitely something I need to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great tips, my pinterest could definitely use a make over

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great ideas! A professional headshot is the one thing I'm lacking. I'm also considering creating my own group board because I'm having a hard time finding groups within my niche!

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are great tips! Love the stop with the selfies one :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. As always amazing tips! I love your site and you always have such great ideas! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm saving this for reference, as we are just beginning on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yes! Yes! I totally agree with all your tips! This post rocks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I've been meaning to put descriptions on each of my boards, but keep forgetting! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete