How to Perfect the Pinterest Profile

-
Just like with any social media platform your bio says a lot about what you do and how you do it and Pinterest is not the exception. If your Pinterest profile is not complete then it doesn’t matter how awesome your pins are or how descriptive your boards are. A complete profile is the backbone of any successful social media profile.

You need to take full advantage of your Pinterest profile. This helps to optimize your profile for the Pinterest Search engine. Yep if you didn't know Pinterest has a search engine too! Here are 5 Steps you need to take to create a kick A$$ pinterest profile!

How to write an epic Pinterest bio - tips for optimizing your Pinterest profile to attract new followers and subscribers.


1. Get a Business Account

If you are looking to make money off of Pinterest a business profile is important. Having a Pinterest business account makes you look professional plus it allows you to see your analytics.  These analytics are essential in seeing which pins are performing best in terms of repins and click throughs. Here's a quick guide to setting up your business account!

2. Add Keywords to Your Business Name

Yep keywords are here to stay so use them. Your name needs to be optimized just like everything else in your profile so don't skip this step. Add relevant keywords that make since to your brand. This let's visitors to your page know exactly what you do. My business name is Color U Bold {Creative Entrepreneur Specializing in Blog Coaching and Stock Photography} this is what people will expect from me when they visit my blog. Which leads me into...

3. Add your web url!

How are people going to know more about you if you don't have a website or something to give them. Having a verified business account gives you more exposure in Pinterest search engines. Pinterest profile links are do follow links, meaning that, it will have a direct impact on the authority of your link when it comes to search engine optimization.

4. Get creative with your "About" Section

The bio only allows for 160 words so make it count. You should have a few sentences telling people who you are, who you serve, and  what you do. Then add a call to action at the end. My bio says "
For Creative Entrepreneurs learning how to blog, increase traffic, make money, and become a girl boss! Get Free Stock Photos here-->http://eepurl.com/cikNxv " Adding an offer gives people an incentive to want to learn more about you.

5. Get Personal with your bio picture!

The more relatable you are the more people will like you. So instead of adding your logo, try instead to add a well photographed picture of yourself. People are not generally interested in following a generic blog or brand they want to put a face to the pins that they love so much. Smile in your picture to show you are guanine and trustworthy because hellooo you are!

After that you can get started on making your pins optimized for pinterest! Subscribe because I'll be sharing with you more tips on Pinterest! Follow me on Pinterest for more blog tips and tricks!

Tell me in the comments below what it is that you do and who you serve as a blogger or business owner!



23 comments

  1. These are awesome tips I pinned! I am pretty sure I do all these already, but it helps to reference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent -- i agree with having a relatable profile pic. If I'm pinning something from your board, I want someone I feel like I can "take advice" from - not a random logo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such great and very helpful tips!

    Belle | www.OneAwesomeMomma.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips hun, i have followed these steps from you told me a couple months ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These tips are super helpful. I need to revamp my pinterst so I will give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great article on Pinterest Bio tips! I am so glad someone created a great article for it! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tips! I never thought to add key words to my business name, but I will now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great tips! I have been meaning to spruce up my bio, and now I know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a fabulous list! One of the best blog posts I've read on Pinterest profiles (and I've read a lot of them recently!) Adding Keywords to Your Business Name was such a helpful one though. I never thought of that idea but it makes so much sense!

    ReplyDelete
  10. and make sure you have big images to pin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pinned these for later! Need to go back and check which bits are missing from my bio

    Dani x

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great tips. I have created an account but haven't really given it time to grow.
    Thanks for these tips now I know how to proceed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tips Jasmine, I'll be moving to a business account shortly so will save this for later.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are such helpful tips! I'm just beginning to grow my Pinterest profile from a personal account into a business one, and I've been overwhelmed with different approaches and tips and tricks to try. This list helps me pare it down to the essentials!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your tips and i'm absolutely in love with your blog. so freaking fun

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post, I pinned it also. Your blog is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are some awesome tips! I had no idea that the link in my Pinterest bio was a do-follow link - I learned something new today! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are such great tips! I really need to clean up my Pinterest boards and work on my profile a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pinterest is such a hard platform for me! I'm used to using it for fun. Besidrs, I never seem to get pins on my dash that I like!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Definitely tryna fix up the keywords in the bio lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome info for folks like me who have no clue WHAT to do with Pinterest! I have a new blog, and this is something I need to master since I'm still in the beginning stages. -Karmen, Chucks and Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are such helpful tips! Pinterest is so important and I think everyone can benefit from learning these!

    Krystin
    www.girlinbetsey.com

    ReplyDelete