A Twitter Strategy For People Who Don't Like Twitter

-
Twitter is something I just can't get into for the life of me!

If you are like me, then thank you for showing my sentiments. However I must admit Twitter has really skyrocketed my pageviews since January 2016! Twitter is non-stop and that can be daunting for people who don't know much about twitter. Once I discovered a few strategies for Twitter it didn't feel as terrible as I had thought! The good thing about Twitter is I never hear about the algorithm changing compared to Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram. So I think it would be best for you to tap into this social media platform. These strategies are some that I'm putting in place as well so we'll be doing this together!

Create a killer Twitter Bio

Don't think you can neglect your twitter profile! Just like any social media platform if you want your ideal audience to find you and click to your website you need tell them a bit about yourself.

  • Make sure if you are just starting out that your user name is easy to understand and easy to remember. Fill out your profile completely. Remember keywords help people find you easily. Stuff your profile with keywords people will most likely be searching for on twitter. If you want to connect with people in your town add your location. 
  • Then provide your website link! How will people know more about how awesome you are if you don't provide them any links to your stuff. 
  • Please add a profile picture. No one will follow you are know who you are if you are an egg! You'll be seen as spam.

Make compelling Captions!

Yes we all know Twitter's captions are limited. That's exactly why you need to reel them in as quickly as possible. Use correct grammar and create a call to action and add your link. This tells the reader what they need to do next.

Say for instance you have a new blog post: Click the link to learn how to stand out on twitter >>> http://colorubold.blogspot.com/2017/05/a-twitter-strategy-for-bloggers-entrepreneurs.html

To shorten your link I use buffer but you can also use bit.ly like sooo..

Click the link to learn how to stand out online: http://bit.ly/2pDXMZG

Next Add Pictures!

People are still visual even on twitter. Twitter posts can get lost in a sea of other tweets and retweets. Don't let yours be one of them.  Images increases engagement and generate 10x more clicks to your website. To stand out create a graphic that is  sized correctly just right for twitter.  The dimensions are 1024x 512 according to the canva template I always use!


Then add hashtags and Retweet Accounts

If you want people to find you, you need to use hashtags and retweet accounts.  Just like instagram Hashtags are a great way to get seen by new people. Same goes for Retweet Accounts. Find several Retweet accounts for bloggers that align with the people you want to see you. Say for instance you are a fashion blogger use @fbloggers or #fbloggers to get your name out there to other fashion bloggers. A great way to find these hashtags and retweet accounts is by looking at other people in your niche and even outside of your niche to find new accounts to follow and hashtags to put in your tweets. Once I started to do this I seen my page views increase!

Some hashtags I use: #girlboss #ladyboss #bloggers #thegirlgang
Some Retweet Accounts I use: @lbloggerRt @theBlogger_Hub @TheBloggersPost @TheGirlGangHQ

Schedule out your tweets!

To keep overwhelm to a minimum I use a scheduling app called Buffer! This has saved me a ton of time. I don't always have the time to be on instagram, facebook groups, blogging, promoting every single day. I have a full time job so Buffer helps me to schedule out post several times a day and night. The best times to schedule out post is in the morning and towards 8-11pm at night. Schedule out  your new post with old post. Also Schedule out retweets of others to balance out your feed. Remember in order to get followers and engagement you have to show them that you care about other things other than promotion something I must admit I'm slacking on due to my work schedule.  I like to schedule everything out in the morning so it will be out of the way and I can focus on other things.

When you have time, engage.

Give yourself 1 hour out of your week to just sit down and chat with others. I loved doing twitter chats! It really helped me get my face out there to new people! Find one twitter chat that you think has your target audience in them and sit down and engage. If that seems too much, simply take 5 minutes a day and chat with others on your feed. If they are talking about something that relates to you go ahead and comment, favorite, or retweet and follow new people!

Bonus tip: Create lists!
To stay connected with people in your niche create lists. People will be notified when you put them on their list and many will feel very flattered! Use this list to engage with them. It will save time going down your feed and you can focus and engage with people you really like!

Promote others!

Your tweets shouldn't just be all about you. Promote and thank others for following you, retweeting you, and so on. Promoting others show you care about others rather than just yourself. Promote other influencers in your niche who have big followers  you never know they may retweet something from you!

I hope you enjoy these tips and learned something new!

Let me know in the comments what social media you are having a hard time with!




20 comments

  1. Ugh I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't super into Twitter. I'll do it for a while and then I'll slack off. I like your idea of using lists to keep track of people I want to follow. I think I'll try that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never know with twitter. These are some helpful tips, I will be putting them to use. Thank you.

    Zeynab
    The Beauty Load

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I dislike Twitter and have not seen a lot of engagement in the past, but this article inspires me to try again. How do I find Twitter chats?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I worked on Twitter for years at my last job, I sometimes find it one of the most frustrating social platforms! This is really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVEEEE twitter. I make sure to interact and post on it daily. I think I have a great audience that engages well. I like not having to worry about reading tons of text and getting to the point!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really awesome and helpful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Twitter and never understand why people don't haha. I'm a Twitter advocate! These are awesome tips for people like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm going to have to look in to Buffer for scheduling my twitter posts. I hate hate hate twitter, I just think it's a bunch of junk lol. But you're right, it's super important.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great clear and concise post. Thank you so much for sharing. This will help me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I go through phases with Twitter - I'm loving it at the moment and adore chats! This will be super useful when I go through my hating Twitter phase so pinning for later :)

    Dani x | www.flourishingfreelancer.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pinning this to come back to! I am really struggling with Twitter and these are some great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My Twitter game has been seriously sad lately. I used to love it! But now it seems so forced.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for this post. Twitter is overwhelming to me sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these tips! I love Twitter but haven't used it as much as I used to. I'll have to try scheduling some tweets.

    xoxo, nicole | www.blondeintheburbs.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is great! I personally really love Twitter but I know tons of people who aren't all into twitter. So I'll defiantly be sharing this with them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm doing fine with twitter, it's facebook the one I'm struggling to grow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is exactly what I needed! Thank you! I love your blog, keep posting awesome content!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am literally lost when it comes to twitter...I get everything else and have a decent following on IG but twitter is my weak point. Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My tweets are hot and cold when it comes to engagement. This is a big help.
    Thanks, dear!

    ReplyDelete